/weather - Some improvements.

Short description:

The Weather system, due to the fact people don't know or ignore it, they wear crop tops and what not when it's colder than usual or raining. Breaks realism, something we are trying to portray.

Detailed description:

Currently the /weather command displays the temperature & sunny/cloudy/raining state without actually saying whether if it's windy and such, you can have a 30c sunny day with winds as if it's winter time. My suggestion revolves around adding the wind factor to /weather to display. Moreover I've noticed people either do not know /weather exists (similar to /examine /attributes commands, where every 3rd person I /examine has it state there is none set), or do not care by wearing inappropriate clothing to the current weather. 

Also would be nice to have it shown at all times near the HUD GPS data, this way people can see it at all times, and there is no need to have a cmd that new people to the server won't know about.

Commands to add: None.

Items to add: None.

How would your suggestion improve the server?

Over all will make it that people will start taking weather into consideration when they take their character outside the house, and dress them accordingly. As such would alleviate the lack of knowing another cmd to check weather like many commands new-comers do not know about.

Additional information: None.

Edited by Vash Baldeus
  • Upvote 3

Whatever you do, people will not respect the weather. I tried to suggest something to push people to wear according to the weather but people were like "if they don't RP the weather, they should be banned, that's it" but they are not getting banned or punished and they will continue to wear crop tops in the cold rain. You don't even need to see /weather to realize a crop top is not appropriate for cloudy weather and heavy rain. Script functions should be used to push people to RP, not rely solely on admins who can't watch every single player.

Say what you will but its hard to RP chilly and cold weather if mechanics wise its a sunny day without a cloud in the sky. It appears as a tropical city after all. Dont believe this suggestion would actually change the issues described.

Edited by Memozzy