Crime Rate Control...

Dumplings

As someone who roleplays an illegally organized crime member, a law enforcement Deputy and a judge within Judiciary, I can see this being beneficial for no one in my immediate realm of interaction. My opinion, however, is my own and does not represent any faction.

The penal code has already been updated to have times be more fitting for the charges, this mentality of "Oh it's just prison." is completely false. When you get busted for holding drugs, you can bet your ass someone is going to put 2 and 2 together and throw up a warrant. That's then your properties searched, swiftly and tossed upside down. Obviously one example of the few, but there is so much more to punishment than jail time.

People have the choice to roleplay how they wish if they wish to roleplay unrealistically, throw up a quality report. Prison roleplay should not feel like an ajail. Forcing people to spend weeks and even months in prison will do just that, yes there is the argument of "Don't do it if you can't face the consequences." is unrealistic. By roleplaying in prison, people's time goes down 3x faster,  they do not get automatically released. It is up to you if you wish to spend more time there and I think that is how it should stay. These bumps of times are extremely teeth-gritting and personally, I would not want to be on either side of that arrest.

I would rather roleplay with people in prison who actually want that roleplay than every Steve and Dave that got busted for trying to rob a Karen. This is not a suggestion for the many over the few and thus I am heavily against pushing such a change.

Contrary to popular belief, when you have played on both sides of the court, it sucks taking roleplay from people and forcing someone to spend 12 weeks in jail is frankly absurd.

• Applaud 1

I've role played in the confinements of jail and prison for over four years, and this is not the one.

Way too restrictive of crime. You need to understand that we want crime to happen, we want people to break the law. These times are counter-productive, and deter people from engaging in general, cool role play under the pretense of those times. Think about the long-term effects these changes would have on the community, and criminal role players. 

• Upvote 2

So, compared to where we were at about... four short months ago, it used to be you could commit murder in the server and be out in two days time. The jail changed all of this and times were changed accordingly. Now you could be up to about a couple weeks in jail, possibly life if it comes to it. 

The issue is, we don't WANT to restrict criminal roleplay too much. If you force a player in jail for long periods of time, that will encourage the exact opposite. Players deleting characters to do more crime and a vicious loop ensues. Illegal RP has its place in the server and punishing it into the ground hurts Legal RP, which would then suffer activity issues, causing Illegal RP to rocket back up, and we start a vicious loop.

• Developer

This is IC set by the DOJ.This is a video game. If you want crime times like this we should start enforcing PKs as CKs too.. I am going to lock this as you probably should file this ICly, also next time you make a suggestion follow the format please.