Persistent vehicle duplicate keys.

stringer

Short description: Vehicle keys that last longer than until server restart.

Detailed description: Allow vehicle keys to be persistent. If you /vduplicate someone, that specific vehicle will appear into his /vget with the ability to spawn it and park it. The key lasts until it is revoked by the owner. A vehicle can only have it's duplicate to a single person.

Commands to add: /mykeys - show all the keys a player owns.

Items to add:

How would your suggestion improve the server? Would allow more flexibility with sharing vehicle keys. If you roleplay sharing a vehicle with someone on leasing vehicles out, it would be nice to have a persistent keys.

Additional information:

Just now, Jak said:

I do like this idea as it was really helpful with samp. 

as long as the party with duplicated keys can’t spawn the vehicle it’s a no brainer

Then what's the point if they can't spawn the vehicle? It would make no difference if they are persistent if they can't spawn it. Server crashes, vehicle is despawned, key is useless. There is no such thing as spawning a vehicle in real life. If you give your spare vehicle key to your SO he/she will be able to take the vehicle when they please.

3 minutes ago, Rozi said:

Then what's the point if they can't spawn the vehicle? It would make no difference if they are persistent if they can't spawn it. Server crashes, vehicle is despawned, key is useless. There is no such thing as spawning a vehicle in real life. If you give your spare vehicle key to your SO he/she will be able to take the vehicle when they please.

No one share a vehicle between X persons in real life. If you can spawn the vehicle, everyone will just share their vehicles and it'll break the vehicle economy. I'm all for a permanent dup, but spawning is out of the question.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Nervous said:

No one share a vehicle between X persons in real life. If you can spawn the vehicle, everyone will just share their vehicles and it'll break the vehicle economy. I'm all for a permanent dup, but spawning is out of the question.

Then what could be done in regards to doing IC vehicle leasing? Currently doing /sellvehicle is kinda sketchy and if something goes wrong OOC it's impossible to do anything without admin intervention

To be honest I rather see keys become a physical item you carry around in your inv with a unique serial per key. Should be the same for properties imo

Maybe add locksmith shops allowing people to copy their keys/replace thier locks in case of theft/loss, or when you just want to have several spare keys

Edited by Raindance
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Raindance said:

To be honest I rather see keys become a physical item you carry around in your inv with a unique serial per key. Should be the same for properties imo

Maybe add locksmith shops allowing people to copy their keys/replace thier locks in case of theft/loss

Yeah like it should be.

1 hour ago, Raindance said:

Maybe add locksmith shops allowing people to copy their keys/replace thier locks in case of theft/loss

• mj2002 locked this topic