Refuelling system

wickedsource

Short description: Remove /fuel = full tank to a pumping system. 

Detailed description: My suggestion is very simple, I'm suggesting that changing the refuelling system from /fuel = full tank to you actually holding down a key to pump gas into your vehicle. Sorta like a minigame. You'd see some bar fill up and the prices would obviously vary depending on how much you fill. 

Commands to add: Going up to a gas station, activating the minigame with /fuel by then you'd hold down a key to pump gas into the vehicle. 

Items to add: None.

How would your suggestion improve the server? I rarely pump a full tank of gas into my car IRL, that's just me though. I think it would be more immersive to see players hanging around the gas station actually roleplaying refuelling their vehicles. 

Additional information: None. 

Derp if this has been suggested before, but I couldn't find anything. 

Edited by wickedsource
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Syrike said:

I'd simply say that I'd like to be able to say I want to put in half a tank (50% Could just use a 100 point system to make it easier.) I'd also say that you need to be beside your car rather than inside of it.

I agree, and I would also love to see proper integration of electric vehicles, like them running on battery power and not the same script-wise fuel, special charging stations for them at gas stations, the ability to charge them from home if you've got a house and so on.

Or simply adding a choice to /refill command of how much % of fuel would we like filled inside of the tank of our car according to the price of 1%. 
% - Because adding liters would need to be a dynamic system since not every vehicle has the same tank. 

Edited by Zorbe
  • Applaud 1
4 minutes ago, Sebz said:

A proper system of gas prices (to where a business owner could competitively lower theirs) and the ability to pump as much as you choose while viewing the running total would be an excellent QOL addition.

Nobody owns gas stations though. They're script owned. I've tried buying one. It didn't jive with PM team. 

10 hours ago, cracked said:

Nobody owns gas stations though. They're script owned. I've tried buying one. It didn't jive with PM team. 

This is done due to the unrealistic amount of money that could be made, as it stands there is zero upkeep and only profit. Perhaps further on down the line but not at present.

• Upvote 1
18 hours ago, Zorbe said:

Or simply adding a choice to /refill command of how much % of fuel would we like filled inside of the tank of our car according to the price of 1%. 
% - Because adding liters would need to be a dynamic system since not every vehicle has the same tank. 

I agree, hopefully we can set descriptions on vehicles soon. Or more in-depth info for them 

• 1 month later...

I would honestly just like us to have to step out of the car when pumping gas, that would be more than enough for me, and maybe a bit of a gradual fill, that would let you cancel at any point and also take a bit of time, not be on a pitstop level of quickness.

• Upvote 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic