Allowing players to break into car via brute force.

Mecovy

6 minutes ago, DLimit said:

My only issue revolves around the idea that suppliers of lock-picks will hardly see any use towards selling them, any more. How could this be countered?

I genuinely see that as a minor thing considering what we have is unrealistic, what I'm proposing is a massive push towards realism. 

Yeah I think the lockpick system currently is pretty unrealistic. Gotta steal cars to then turn them into lock picks to be able to steal more cars (???)

Maybe just have lock picks for sale at hardware stores or something, but only a limited quantity per store 

Lockpicks could be usable. However, maybe a failed attempt at a "forceful break-in" to could leave blood prints on the vehicle to be used as evidence during forensic investigations. 

This option's destroying an entire job in the market. Maybe, there should be an "item-based" alternative to lock-picks, as-well.

Lockpicks would still exist, but they will be far far less prevalent than what they are now, as it makes no sense that they have a chokehold on allowing players to bust into cars. Like lets say adding a 'stealth' option and a normal option.

On 3/24/2020 at 4:52 PM, DLimit said:

This option's destroying an entire job in the market. Maybe, there should be an "item-based" alternative to lock-picks, as-well.

I don't think that the lock pick market is big enough where we should be worried about removing it.

• mj2002 locked this topic