Gender/Sex Segregation of the Prison Population

16 minutes ago, Tseard said:

There's nothing official as of yet. People who want to be moved from POD A to POD B can do so by request to a deputy. But this is not something set in stone yet. Discussions are on-going regarding this suggestion/subject.

Yeah, if it isn't an official policy then this suggestion is still valid.

12 hours ago, sio said:

I promise you this happens. The excuse I got for it was because some people like to RP the absolutely terrible, inhumane treatment transgender prisoners in the US face. 

Which I get, I won't deny that that is a reality in the real world. Prison isn't a great place if you're transgender, and while I personally find it a little weird that people want to go out of their way to capture their culture I somewhat get it. After all, you can RP a terrible person.. but they use it as an excuse to powergame female prisoners (practically forcing the identity upon them) to sate this with their unspoken rules.

the discussion of transgender people being brought into this and their treatment within prisons (often being put into the prison that aligns with their birth gender) should also be mentioned in the instance of this suggestion becoming a thing. if someone has a transgender character that gets arrested, what would the policy be on which prison they would go into?

6 hours ago, Henning said:

Nobody wants them in the pod, give them their own and let them see how boring it’ll be.

Yes please! Even if it's boring at first, I'd love to see female jail/prison RP given the space to grow in a realistic setting. The female jail/prison vibe is very different with different politics and social dynamics. Obviously the prison gang factions, who understandably dominate the county jail, don't want women in there because it's unrealistic, and surely nobody is really down with this transexual magic vibe. Either characters are trans or they aren't.

Let's start segregating from the start.

6 hours ago, sio said:

Why are you talking about racial gangs?

The "racial gangs" (prison gang factions) have power over inmates depending on the race of the character. This reflects the style of segregation in Los Angeles County and California. So in GTAW county jail anyone can be forced into RPing with one of these factions, depending on race. They also have the power to force children and women into RP, depending on race.

This needs to happen immediately, especially after the recent murder of Charlotte Dixon in the county jail by two male inmates. The fact that a female character was brutally murdered by two gangbangers proves that the co-ed system doesn't work, and that segregation needs to happen. 

2 hours ago, Sidewinder said:

This needs to happen immediately, especially after the recent murder of Charlotte Dixon in the county jail by two male inmates. The fact that a female character was brutally murdered by two gangbangers proves that the co-ed system doesn't work, and that segregation needs to happen. 

This.

In my opinion, prison should have either been delayed to build another section for female inmates or segregated by gender and age (keep in mind juveniles shouldn't be interacting with grown adults in prison either, they would be in juvenile detention) from the start. I understand why people think that it has to stay in this current, non-segregated form, but it doesn't make sense for there to be females interacting with males in the prison system. Period. If coed prisons were to exist in the United States today, there would be an extremely high likelihood of women ending up pregnant, raped, or otherwise sexually abused. It would be a lawsuit waiting to happen and the prison would most likely either be shut down or forced to change its policies. I don't know what it's like in Europe or Russia or wherever, but this is the way things are done in the United States.

3 hours ago, Sidewinder said:

She was also a snitch so...

• Upvote 1
34 minutes ago, 9MM. said:

they need to separate ages too, i hate bein a 14 y/o in a Young Offenders rping with the Mexican Mafia lmao

It's called networking.

Also don't forget, we saved you from Peng Wei the Twin Towers CHOMO, somebody ate him in the canteen.

Edited by Henning
  • mj2002 locked this topic