Increase max message length

Shokkoth

Longer /me's are fine in a controlled setting. Creative writing is fun and I personally enjoy reading it and getting inspired by the verbiage used, and adopting new ways of detailing things into my own role-play. Where it becomes troublesome is in nightclubs, where the chat is going 100 mph already, and all of a sudden a /me of 4 lines clogs the chat. Imagine being a bartender, trying to keep up with orders as the chat is already inundated with people doing dialogue by the counter and /me's from all across the interior, then all of a sudden everything gets pushed up instantaneously as someone conjures a novella series of their character having a sip of their drink. Not very fun.

As far as increasing maximum message length, 250 characters is plentiful. I do wish attributes had more characters to spend, though, as even typing out /attributes eats up 11 characters of the 250 allowed. Abbreviating it to /atb or something would be great, as those few extra characters do make a difference when you're condensing your writing to fit within the limitations set. ❤️

If I recall the chatbox is set at the maximum Rage allows (I recall this being said when we actually got a hard stop on the chatbox because anything past 250 just wouldn't post back then.), theres too many pro's and con's for an increase that kinda show why the current limit is the sweetspot, if you need a longer post continue afterwards with a /do. No from me.