Legal Metal parts and crafted Items

Jaynex

• 3 months later...

I think with some creativity, this could really be brought back into the GTAW closed economy.

Part 1 - Creation of car parts (Scrap Yard)

• You can create a new legal or illegal (if you so choose) way to obtain car parts with the addition of a scrap yard type business. They exist all over the US and it's where you can take your old cars to get scrapped in return for money or in this case, car parts. They can also double as chop shops for the right role players.
  • Tie this into the trucking economy via components delivery. Require components to scrap a vehicle and in turn give out car parts.
  • The scrap yard would then become a place for the factory business to come purchase car parts for the final piece of this entire idea, described below.

Part 2 - Obtaining metal (Mining / Factory business)

• Create an application based rank, just like the max trucking rank. This rank would be given to those with a proper & well thought out backstory to start a mining company. Just like a trucking company, proper RP would be required to hire workers, ensure they are licensed, trained, properly clothed with the right safety equipment, provide trucks (possibly), etc. Reinstate the mining license that is required scriptly by each player before they can even do the job, to the point that if they don't have it, they can't start the job.
  • Once workers mine ore, they can return to the factory and sell it for a fair market value to the factory. This could be set by the business owner, similar to how trucking sets a commission percentage. This is how miners get paid.
    • Could even institute a similar rank system here based on trucking where you can only mine specific ores based on your rank. The higher your rank, the more precious ore you can mine, which in turns earns you more money.
  • The factory business would then be able to purchase car parts from the scrap yards (from Part 1) and then combine the car parts and metal to create whatever items GTAW feels would work for this type of business.

Obviously, there would have to be some calculations to ensure a profitable business for both the scrap yard and the factory business. I feel this would create a lot of avenues for legal and illegal roleplay. It also ties mining back into the server, but limits it to an RP type job requiring a standard of RP, rather than the complete shit fest mining was before (people going in civilian cars, clothes, no equipment, etc.).

Edited by Logic

What if the removal of furniture from homes by a company with a truck would give you a higher rate of pay for your furniture, but then that furniture could be scrapped for certain parts? Maybe removing a certain amount of furniture would need to be done (like 50) and it would give you parts (a random chance gives you more or less parts). Just a thought, but I'd definitely say that there needs to be legal ways to acquire metal, and there also definitely needs to be a better exchange rates to create more tools like lockpicks and knives.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • mj2002 locked this topic