Bartender License

nachorn

Short description: 

Basically, I've been bartending a lot, and I thought that a really good idea would be to set up a school for bartenders, and at the end of the "school", you would get a certified bartender license. Business owners will be able to request them to hire bartenders.

Detailed description:

The way it would work it is this: A certified school with a bartender teacher (me) that would teach people how to bartend, prepare cocktails, learn about the different types of alcohol. The school would offer a course that allows players to obtain information about bartending, and at the end of the course, there will be a final exam. This exam will be prepared by me. If passed, the player will receive a license, a certified bartending license. This license would be mandatory for bars, and clubs, to run properly and legally.

In the case that a bartender at a certain club during the night, does not have a license, and the cops show up, and they find that the bartender does not have a license, the club will be issued a fine accordingly.

The course will include training, a final exam, and the license. Prices not determined yet.

If the course is failed, you can redo the course and the final exam for 50%, and every time you fail, the next price will be 50% of the previous one.

Commands to add:

Not too sure, since licenses probably have their own commands, but maybe /givelicense bartender (id). 

Items to add:

Bartender License

How would your suggestion improve the server?

It will add more RP experiences to the community, as well as create more operational difficulties to club owners. Club owners will also face the risk of hiring a licensed bartender for more money, or an unlicensed bartender for less money, but with legal consequences, if caught. I feel like this addition will contribute to the RP of the server greatly.

Additional information:

Idea by nachorn

Francesco Ricci

I'm a good bartender, and I have some people that can back me up on that, so it would be good if I could be the head of licenses for bartending. I would first start by myself, and then as time passes, hire other licensed bartenders to be teachers.

• Applaud 1

I think that could be extended with various licenses as well. As far as I remember, there are trucking and mining licenses that can be obtained at license office. Licenses like bartending or security&guarding can be implemented actually. This would be be amazing to:

a) Prevent everyone from doing anything they want to do as a job (There are quite a lot of people who are cook in the morning, mechanic in the afternoon, guard at the night time, bartender in the late night).

b) Gain experience from educated and experienced people who are good at their work field. 

Edited by Lorenzo
8 minutes ago, Lorenzo said:

I think that could be extended with various licenses as well. As far as I remember, there are trucking and mining licenses that can be obtained at license office. Licenses like bartending or security&guarding can be implemented actually. 

Guard companies like Executive Security could have a team that trains guards.

I  had thought of something similar and wanted to post that but looks like someone else was faster than me, however I would support this idea but ONLY if the licenses (for both bartending and security) is obtained from the server or GOV level. Giving the licenses thing to an individual/group of people will not be fair to the other people and will also lead to a lot of metagaming.

On the other hand, after I finished reading the suggestion, this seems more like an IC business idea than a game suggestion. You mention that you will start a bartending school and teach people, if they fail, they will have to pay 50% more and so on. So basically, it's totally up to you whether they pass or fail. That means if they pass, they can bartend, if they fail, they cannot. Wouldn't this be like restricting the entire job market to one individual xD.

I know people have to get the taxi/trucking license now to do their respective jobs, but does that mean they are good truckers or taxi drivers? Also they get these licenses from the server (GOV) so it makes sense. Most don't even bother roleplaying the trucking job where they have to deliver crates, all they do is run the commands and drive off. I personally do a lot of trucking jobs, and I make sure I RP it as well.

If this suggestion is to provide better bartenders to the clubs in the server, then that is entirely upto the club owners. The problem is most club owners start looking for staff for their business 20 minutes before the opening. They don't even bother to test whether that person knows his/her drinks or not or whether that person can bartend. All they need is an individual standing behind the counter. I do a lot of bartending as well, and most of the time it has been instant hires.

Either way, I would support this idea of having a bartending/security license which can be obtained by the server (GOV), and not from an individual/group of people. A lot of states in my country require the bartender to have a valid license to bartend, which would make it a bit realistic as well. Even private security companies require a valid license to run their business IRL.

• Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, Numark said:

I  had thought of something similar and wanted to post that but looks like someone else was faster than me, however I would support this idea but ONLY if the licenses (for both bartending and security) is obtained from the server or GOV level. Giving the licenses thing to an individual/group of people will not be fair to the other people and will also lead to a lot of metagaming.

On the other hand, after I finished reading the suggestion, this seems more like an IC business idea than a game suggestion. You mention that you will start a bartending school and teach people, if they fail, they will have to pay 50% more and so on. So basically, it's totally up to you whether they pass or fail. That means if they pass, they can bartend, if they fail, they cannot. Wouldn't this be like restricting the entire job market to one individual xD.

I know people have to get the taxi/trucking license now to do their respective jobs, but does that mean they are good truckers or taxi drivers? Also they get these licenses from the server (GOV) so it makes sense. Most don't even bother roleplaying the trucking job where they have to deliver crates, all they do is run the commands and drive off. I personally do a lot of trucking jobs, and I make sure I RP it as well.

If this suggestion is to provide better bartenders to the clubs in the server, then that is entirely upto the club owners. The problem is most club owners start looking for staff for their business 20 minutes before the opening. They don't even bother to test whether that person knows his/her drinks or not or whether that person can bartend. All they need is an individual standing behind the counter. I do a lot of bartending as well, and most of the time it has been instant hires.

Either way, I would support this idea of having a bartending/security license which can be obtained by the server (GOV), and not from an individual/group of people. A lot of states in my country require the bartender to have a valid license to bartend, which would make it a bit realistic as well. Even private security companies require a valid license to run their business IRL.

I see where you are coming from. Of course the idea would be that the government are the ones that issues them, but semi private companies, so kind of owned by the government, could be the issuers. I would be authorized to issue them from authorization of the government. Also, admins would be up my ass checking that I'm not PG, and I want a fun server, I don't want to corrupt bartending cause I love it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2019 at 10:58 AM, PandaGaming said:

I think it's more IC. Every bar can roleplay test their employments...

IRL the state or government determines what establishment gets it's liquor license. They should also determine who is fit for serving alcohol. I support this idea only if the licenses are issued by the government just like every other one on the server.

On the flip side in the United States no state requires you to have a Bartenders License, it's just a mere merit. 

• mj2002 locked this topic