What do you like and don't about the server?

Gangstafary

Just now, 1357 said:

It is not even about "CEF" interfaces.. really. There is no denying it is a good server, but to say there is not much to dislike is subjective. Right now there is hardly anything offered here that is different to another server.. other than it being on GTA V.. There are tons of things that developers can do that doesn't limit them because of the client they use. Even if there were more nice user interfaces similar to the bank /withdraw /deposit.. it wouldn't necessarily make the server any better than its current state.. it would just make it feel more.. modern I guess.

Also.. I'm not sure if it's 'purely because of shitty client' is the entire reason why GTA W is not more popular.. there are tons of people that do not even know this exists. Especially with GTA V RP exploding.. twitch community knows Family RP and No Pixel, but hardly anyone knows servers like GTA W exist. I even showed this to some random twitch user through private messages and they were surprised, especially at how many players are able to be online at any given time. 

Feel free to read my reply above, but maybe there's not a lot more players because of other reasons, one being consistent advertising. I didn't find out about GTA W from advertisements, but because I typed in "FiveRP" in YouTube and came across a completely different servers video with like 900 views.. which was GTA W.

Do you want to know why people don't play on GTA W? Because it's a TEXT roleplay, which is quite a smaller audience than voice roleplay, it's a lot LOT more strict and it requires time to learn, no one can join GTAW and be able to play it at it's full extent without pouring HOURS into learning to roleplay. "Especially with GTA V RP exploding." key word where is GTA V Voice roleplay. And the client believe me limits the server a lot in feeling modern. Do you want a modern feeling roleplay experience? FIVEM. You can have mods and lots lots lots of stuff, but the problem is that it's shady and you can have max 64 players online, which is a no no. All those big voice roleplay servers are on FIVEM, besides the german one here. GTA W compared to other servers of it's kind, (Heavy, text based roleplay, ex: LSRP) is in my opinion years ahead of them. We've got a better staff team, a better community, a better everything.

• Applaud 1

That's not true at all.. you missed  what im trying to say. I am not comparing our server to voice servers that are more well known around the GTA community such as NoPixel directly... no.. I am only comparing how one is a lot more well known than the other. I even made a point where I showed GTA W to someone who was intrigued by the voice RP and little did they know.. they had no clue this exists. You said and I quote:

And to be honest, the only reason GTA W is not greater than it is currently is purely because of the shitty client 

But this is being very close minded. There are dozens of other reasons i am sure..

Also I use 'modern' but a better word is more up to date.. which should be a goal and im sure it is but in its current state, i simply say it feels dated and i am sure just about anyone would agree. I am not attacking the server an saying its a bad thing.. i am just pointing something out that is entirely true. I think i read somewhere that the current developer team doesnt really have experience with CEF coding and is a big part of the reason why its still the way it is for example.. so i am sure though that it will improve in the future when they have more experienced assets in the team.

I guess to say we are years ahead is really your opinion.. but in my opinion, there are a ton of things that lead me to believe otherwise. For example, if you think the idea of PK should still be a thing in today's servers.. at least ones that are supposed to be hardcore then idk.. look at the current vehicle break in system.. or look at drugs.. how they are practically worthless and nobody really buys them other then for role play purposes.. 

How can we improve and make GTA W stand out if we have ppl that are completely content with how the server is now.. and just blame the flaws on the client its ran on.. 

Just now, 1357 said:

I think i read somewhere that the current developer team doesnt really have experience with CEF coding and is a big part of the reason why its still the way it is for example.. so i am sure though that it will improve in the future when they have more experienced assets in the team.

This is probably the biggest lie you have read on this forums. There's nothing really that hard with CEF. A CEF interface is basically a web page, all you need to know to create a CEF interface is to work with HTML, CSS, JS, which our web developers are more than capable of doing. Most people probably don't recall but we had a fully functional OPERATING SYSTEM which we could access in game via laptops, but it was buggy as fuck, laggy and mostly unusable if you tried to use it in game. I had access to the web version of the operating system and it ran perfectly and as it should. Let's take the MDC as another example, if you try to use it in game via /MDC, you'll be greeted with tons of lag and crashes. But if you use it on the web, it runs perfectly. Why does this happen? Because RAGEMP implements CEF in a really shitty way. It feel dated because it's very hard to do modern and impressive stuff with a client that barely gets updated. 

Well I see.. I read that from a game admin so whether he is lying or not I am not the one to judge, but I would not expect him to lie about that.. but you make a good point. I am not efficient let alone experienced in coding so i cannot really speak on that too much..

Anyway.. pretty little game interfaces isn't the only way to make the server feel better.. or more up to date. I mention some examples but i do not wish to continue flooding the thread and i will treat both of what we say as it is.. our own opinions. I just think there are revisions that can be done to make the server feel less stale whether its adjustments to rules or game terminology like PK that we for some reason are still using.. 

When i say dated.. like even PK.. idk why we still use this.. nobody fears death because there are no consequences.. let alone hospital bills to pay. Is there even hospital interior? when i was injured for example the rp went like this.

check for pulse

placed on a stretcher

then drove to the nearest hospital.. once arrive am told in ooc that however i role play from here is up to me and then they just drive off.. Idk.. like i can't consider that light years ahead for example.. but i am not going to rip on the smallest things that happen in the server.. in the end its a very good heavy hardcore server.. but there is so much more to take advantage on that doesnt limit us client wise that we don't take advantage of and rely on game terminology like PK that was used on server 9 years ago.. instead of improvising or improving on further.

There's multiple reasons why medical roleplay is like that. To properly roleplay a hospital you need:

- Enough FD staff, active as well. Y

- People that actually are experienced in the medical field and could properly roleplay a doctor.

- People willing to do medical roleplay, since in my opinion most people are not very experienced  or passionate about the medical field, and having to sit there, bored as fuck reading medical jargon which you don't understand for 30 minutes or more is not a fun experience.

Yes

- Frequent updates in game

- Facebrowser, that's what makes the server different, loving it

- Staff actually interact with players whenever they can, I've played on the servers where owners only talked to donators(lol) 

No

Admins getting involved in RP too much. I get that there are reasons, but some of the things are ridiculous. 

*Last time I shot someone, they reported right away, even though everything was RPed, admin arrived and RP scene was ruined. (Not admins fault, butthurt player was at fault here) 

* Saw people get banned for "non RP" ads, even though it's an ic thing and should be dealt with by lspd. They don't have much to do anyway. They chase a scooter with 7 cars and 3 helis. There should be enough players to deal with such stuff. 

* Not sure if fixed, but last time i owned a liquor store, admin had to manually restock my business. Awful system. 

- You can RP anything you want, yes. But server is so repetitive. I came back after 8 months to finally start running my club and what happens? There was like 10 grand openings in the next month. Maybe it's because it's profitable or maybe it's because scripts allows running a nightclub very well (unlike let's say restaurant where you can't actually give food) 

- Game mode is too basic. 

Although it's moving in the right direction with scripts such as kidnapping one, pick locking, future trucking job etc, it's still very basic, not much has changed since samp. Still same RP jobs (fishing mining courier garbage collector), you buy a car and drive it in mint condition for years, phone system is literally just a text and so on. RageMP being shit might restrict devs from adding new cool features though so I get that. 

23 minutes ago, Lance said:

- You can RP anything you want, yes. But server is so repetitive. I came back after 8 months to finally start running my club and what happens? There was like 10 grand openings in the next month. Maybe it's because it's profitable or maybe it's because scripts allows running a nightclub very well (unlike let's say restaurant where you can't actually give food) 

This is the problem that gets me too, there's too many bars, nightclubs, etc. There's no other variety that's fun for players to enjoy. At the minute it's just "What should we do tonight, well only bars are open". A lot of people seem to care about that small $$$ in the top right-hand corner instead of starting up new RP ideas. And this whole "free drinks all nights" can stop too personally. 

Hell, me and some friends have been playing Tennis on some courts and it's been fun, but other people don't seem to be that interested in it. 

2 hours ago, Rozi said:

- People willing to do medical roleplay, since in my opinion most people are not very experienced  or passionate about the medical field, and having to sit there, bored as fuck reading medical jargon which you don't understand for 30 minutes or more is not a fun experience.

This was a big and known issue in FD and I did appeal for change, changes was made, but it's still mindlessly long for some people to go through, people wanting to hurry the RP up, etc. 

Edited by Mitch
3 hours ago, Lance said:

Although it's moving in the right direction with scripts such as kidnapping one, pick locking, future trucking job etc, it's still very basic, not much has changed since samp.

And that's really because it can't. You see all these cool nifty features on GTA Online or even FiveM, and then when it comes to the Rage client, half of the functions aren't even implemented and the other half aren't even worth using because the sync is that bad.

• Applaud 1

To be honest there's only one thing that I don't like about the server - I've been active on the server since two weeks and I'm really sick of those /ad OPENING FREE DRINKS [insert funny slogan]'s.

Like, half of the town clubs every damn night, is there nothing else that those people can think about roleplaying ffs? Yeah I get that it has a working script and looks fancy etc but too many people with supercars yet they don't even know how rich people act. Like I see some people driving through hoods or hanging around some places that nobody with a supercar would - and guess what they do there? /anim lean on the car and wait for people to come over and praise their cars probably.

• Applaud 1