Frame Rate Issues

Hi all,

So what it is, if I'm driving around or someone else is driving me around my game just stutters. So I will have jumps in fps from time to time, happening wherever whenever. I'll be driving along at 100 fps say. It will be like my game jumps, my fps will go from 100 to 60 and back to 100 like it's dropping frames. Does it randomly? It happens more when I'm in a car, if I am on foot nothing. I use /alpr it does it. I open /radioshow does it. Car approaches me I stutter, it's like if anything needs rendering in it does it.

Temps are fine, no issues, 3070ti runs at 70-80 most of the time, and there isn't thermal throttling.

Same with GPU, also no thermal throttling, I tend to have XTU or HWInfo64 running to keep an eye on temps to see if it happens when the PC gets too hot.  Don't happen on single-player or any other games.

It's a completely new PC, I had a Ryzen 5 3600 and a 2060 the same thing, I upgraded to an i7 13700KF with a 3070ti, still works the same way. I got myself an NVME recently also, still doing it. No matter if I have mods no mods. Play on the lowest settings. Change resolutions, disable overlays, and play with nothing running in the background. The game still does it. I've got my Windows Defender also disabled. 

https://imgur.com/a/4wyPUhw

I'll try to get some footage to also show. 

Just wondering if others are dealing with this.

Edited by Mossey

Have you tried running your game through the PC graphic settings? I would assume you've got your GPU drivers updated as well? Have you tried adjusting your screen type (Full screen, window, window boardless) in the game through the settings?  

1 minute ago, Godmask said:

Have you tried running your game through the PC graphic settings? I would assume you've got your GPU drivers updated as well? Have you tried adjusting your screen type (Full screen, window, window boardless) in the game through the settings?  

What would you mean by the PC graphic settings?

Yeah, the latest Nvidia drivers, all types of screens, and full screen makes it worse.

29 minutes ago, Mossey said:

What would you mean by the PC graphic settings?

Yeah, the latest Nvidia drivers, all types of screens, and full screen makes it worse.

I've reaches out to you via discord messages 

Keep Task Manager open in the Performance tab, scroll down to GPU and click on it.
Keep an eye on it, and check it out when your game lags.

Check the temps out, and check if the "Dedicated GPU memory" isn't full at 8 out of 8 GB.

Swapping from vMEM to normal memory can and likely will cause slowdowns.

Also, there are some places in the map where optimizations are poor. That could be one of the reasons why you're experiencing FPS drops; I experience this as well. There are certain places in the city that will lower your FPS, no matter how good your GPU is.

Unfortunately GTA World is not the best optimised, I think basically everyone is getting random FPS drops at this point. Only thing I could really think is that maybe you're creating a bottle neck through your current settings, instead of turning everything to low set it to high/max to see if this has an effect.

• 4 weeks later...

It sounds like you are experiencing stuttering issues in your game while driving around, particularly when in a car, despite having a new PC with good hardware specifications. Since you have already tried various troubleshooting steps such as monitoring temperatures, upgrading components, changing settings, and disabling overlays, and the issue persists, it might be worth considering a few other potential causes:

• 1. Driver Issues : Make sure your GPU drivers are up to date. Sometimes, outdated or corrupt drivers can cause performance issues. Try updating to the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website.
  • 2. Background Processes : Even if you have tried playing with nothing running in the background, there might still be some background processes causing interference. Check your Task Manager for any unwanted processes running in the background and try closing them.
  • 3. Game Settings : Check if there are any specific in-game settings related to rendering or vehicle interactions that could be causing the stuttering issue. Experiment with different settings to see if there is any improvement.
  • 4. Game Optimization : Some games have specific optimization issues that can cause stuttering on certain hardware configurations. Check the game's forums or community for any known issues or recommended settings for your hardware.
  • 5. Hardware Compatibility : While your hardware seems capable, there could be some compatibility issues between components causing the problem. Ensure all components are compatible with each other and check for any firmware updates for your motherboard and other hardware.

If none of these suggestions resolve the stuttering issue, it might be beneficial to reach out to the game DEVS for further assistance. They might have encountered similar issues and could provide more specific solutions tailored to the game you are experiencing problems with.