State of San Andreas - State of driving - Public Barometer

State of San Andreas Driving - Public opinion survey  

304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 minutes ago, Jeroen said:

Speed bumps don't (really) work in GTA:V. Any bumps increases a vehicle's speed.

In the game code, bushes will slow a vehicle by a percentile when driving through them. If that was somehow reworked into an invisible "bush" that could be placed, speed bumps could in theory work, but by forcibly slowing vehicles as they pass it instead of tearing out the undersides of them.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2

Driving on this server has been a shit show since I joined, so 2018. FIVE DAMN YEARS. I said this a long time ago, that we should be more chill in traffic because it adds immersion, reduces random crime, reduces shit rp over all, promotes a community atmosphere et cetera. I think that we should lower the speed limit down to 40, maybe 45 and keep it 90 on the highways since nobody plays there anyways. But in the city, if I see some traffic, that should be cool and dandy, and immersive. Now every time there is one or two cars in line, one of the fuckers will just overtake the rest of the people in front of them and speed away. Why be so impatient? Just wait, chill out, y'ain't got a house burning on the other side of the state, you are going to see your ERP date, Steve. Slow the hell down.

Unpopular opinion, but I think that this is partially because car mods are so easily accessible. People have no business owning cars this fast. If the speed limit is 60, why the fuck do we need cars that can do 140 plus and accelerate from 0 to 60 in like 2 seconds? Why do most civilians in this God forsaken city own 900HP rockets and not hybrids or just casual sports cars that they can take out on the weekends?

We have legit inflated the car specs, including law enforcement and their tanky, full retard Police Interceptor boats that can reach ridiculous speeds at the cost of handling. I think this is also why the choppers are called out to every chase, I know that this is the protocol IRL as well, but fuck me sideways man, if I had to go after a modified Gauntlet that casually reaches 150-160MPH with some speed bumps on the way, I would also just give up and track his ass down with a police chopper.

Car tuning is nice and all, sure man, sure. But for the love of God almighty, remove the fucking performance mods, or lower the tiers available and lock the higher ones behind some systems. We can have cool cars, we can have car meets and highway cruises. We really can, but we seriously do not need these fucking riced out rockets speeding across every road in the city, it's ridiculous, it has been ridiculous since at least 2018, and I've been saying this is not the way to go since I joined the server.

In the name of the whole GTA World Playerbase, but especially LEOs who are tired of this bullshit continuing, I am hereby asking the development team to consider what I wrote and seriously ponder over the future of this mechanic. Thank you. 

• Upvote 1

On the subject of people needing their licenses revoked or suspended.. When I was in the Fire Department, there was one night where we were called to scenes involving the same dude like four or five times, because he'd just speed around the city like a dummy and crash into people at intersections. I always find that humorous to think about, I even said someone should probably revoke his license when we were on the scene, but as far as I know, that just doesn't happen.

It would certainly be a good tool to give to traffic enforcement and really discourage this stuff from happening repeatedly. The example I gave is extreme, but this stuff happened all the time. I can only imagine how much more of it the actual Law Enforcement had to deal with compared to us, and I know I was always in perpetual fear every time I'd cross an intersection that someone would just clip me going 140 through it without stopping. A very valid fear, too.

1 minute ago, DomThomson said:

I mean, we do have the Senate for a reason, perhaps it is time to use it and try to get stricter traffic laws implemented. Hell, it could even be through the newly formed City Council.

The laws on the books are already pretty stringent (We even already have baked in license suspension), the problem is that traffic laws aren't enforced too much.

The biggest issue with drivers I see on the server are those that choose to drive at 100mph + through the city and end up crashing into other cars, players or entire roleplay scenes because they're driving faster than their game can load the assets in. Now obviously it's majority a RageMP issue but we're all aware of that issue and yet still people do it. And I know there are times where you will need to drive like that, threat to life n all that but I would argue that 90% of the time it happens the player driving is just going from A to B or has no destination at all.

I think there needs to be some sort of responsibility taken by said players when it happens. The only way I see that happening though is either admin intervention, or a system for vehicles in which when you collide with something it damages your car more severely. The faster your going when you collide with something, the more severe it is and it should be expensive to fix and cause you a decent inconvenience until you do.

I think the laws are fine, OOCly anyway. Nothing wrong with an IC push for more stringent punishments though speaking from my personal experience half the time I see someone speeding it's usually in the 100's and they're long gone before I can turn around to chase them.

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1