[PETITION] Fund Our School; Support Davis High Faculty & Students!

Fund Our School; Support Davis High Faculty & Students!

Target(s): Los Santos Unified School District, City & State Government, Department of Education

STARTING GOAL: 30+/25 Signatures

THANK YOU for helping us reach our goal! The Department of Education has responded HERE.

7xPJMH4.png

Petition Summary: Hello my name is Pearlette Clary, and I've been with Davis High School and the Los Santos Unified School District since 1979! I'm one of many faculty members (Adriel Shala, Lyla Ward, Dennis Morty, Octavia Geralds, etc.) dedicated to making Davis High a better place for inner-city children. These babies deserve nothing less than a good, quality education. But how can we provide them that with an underfunded budget... and now our pay is being withheld! We, the teachers & staff of DHS, would like some answers! We have bills to pay and mouths to feed! Not only are our livelihoods at stake, but we can no longer support our classrooms as we've been purchasing school supplies on our own dime... this is reminiscent of my time as a DHS student in 1967. We had to fight to be on the same level as the other schools in the affluent neighborhoods — educational & funding-wise! The year is now 2024, so I'd hope our current lawmakers will do better and investigate, solve this issue! Because we're the backbone of society!

(( * A screenshot would be attached below, presumably part of Clary's "paycheck" or lack thereof. ))

AoEA0GH.png

Full Name: JJ. Doe

Signature: JJ. Doe

Comment (optional): -

Edited by Pearlette Clary
  • Upvote 6
  • Applaud 1

Full Name: Danielle Amelia Bordeaux

Signature: D.A Bordeaux

Comment (optional): - No surprises the utterly useless Republican-led Senate, who can't even pass bills to finance themselves, refuse to help pay for our kids education too. Wonder where our tax dollars are even going at this point, beyond senseless counter culture campaigns by our colossally incompetent Lt Governor.

Edited by Mecovy
  • Upvote 2