7 minutes ago, vinar said:

I get your point, but in my opinion this is not the way to go forward. If someone is not following your faction rules, or ruining something, just warn them or kick them out of the faction.

this is not how you run a faction. there are amazing roleplayers that sometimes get carried away on the OOC side, why would I want to kick them and lose an actual good faction member when I could just restrict the chat to begin with. if people want to complain about that chat not being available, then that's something that can be discussed between them and their fac leader, it doesn't concern anyone else.it makes no sense to actively protest this change as it only helps give fac leaders more quality control?

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, vinar said:

I don't see any benefit in this, the faction chat is created so everyone can write in it on an OOC level, why would you restrict players from having conversation with other faction members? -1

Cuz it’s annoying and nobody wants their chat spammed up with brehs talking about the weather on /f chat 

16 minutes ago, Tony White said:

Cuz it’s annoying and nobody wants their chat spammed up with brehs talking about the weather on /f chat 

EDIT: NVM, seems there is no point in sharing opinions. I hope ya'lls request gets approved and implemented, have fun

Edited by vinar
13 hours ago, Bellagio said:

The command /nof can be used to turn faction chat off and only make specific ranks able to write in it. 

The daily server restart overrides that. If there's a way to make it so that the restart has no impact on /nof, then that's probably the easiest solution.

My suggestion here is to give faction leaders the option to decide. Faction leaders who wish to continue with their current set up should be able to.

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Can definitely see the benefit in this. The option to have certain ranks speak will give more of an experience for new players to factions, etc. Gives them a feeling of "earning" something. I've noticed roleplayers comfortability plays a big part in how they portray their character. For the MC world or organized crime, if new rankers, hangarounds, outsiders/associates, etc were to join a faction but were not able to type in /f but were able to see the chat would set in stone a sense of discipline. It's been plenty of times new players join a faction and toxicity takes over the /f or even a discord. This could limit that accessibility which in return I think would give factions a much more serious experience and approach to members.

• Developer
On 1/23/2024 at 8:38 AM, Adam_Ottone said:

The daily server restart overrides that. If there's a way to make it so that the restart has no impact on /nof, then that's probably the easiest solution.

My suggestion here is to give faction leaders the option to decide. Faction leaders who wish to continue with their current set up should be able to.

/nof state will save between restarts with next update.

• Upvote 2