• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2024 at 8:34 PM, Adam_Ottone said:

The workaround I was given was one where the daily server restart overrides. Is there a permanent way of doing it?

So If I understand it right, you want lower ranks to not be able to write in the OOC /fchat?
Why if I might ask?

-1. I don't think that's something really needed tbh. OOC chat shouldn't be restricted unless it's being spammed. In that case, /togglefaction helps by toggling the chat for you OR just go with the current system that already exists which toggles the chat for low ranks but not permanent.

On 1/8/2024 at 7:34 PM, Adam_Ottone said:

The workaround I was given was one where the daily server restart overrides. Is there a permanent way of doing it?

is the workaround ur talking about using /nof to disable the chat? (which then means only certain ranks are allowed to type in it), i believe there's no way to permanently apply that so they'd need a change where it persists through server restarts. 

either way +1, allows more control for faction leaders to stop their fac chat going out of control and risking getting a strike or the rp quality just going down in general if ppl are spending too much time typing there instead of roleplaying. idk why the posts above are trying to dictate how fac leaders should run their own shit lol

Edited by joshua
47 minutes ago, joshua said:

is the workaround ur talking about using /nof to disable the chat? (which then means only certain ranks are allowed to type in it), i believe there's no way to permanently apply that so they'd need a change where it persists through server restarts. 

either way +1, allows more control for faction leaders to stop their fac chat going out of control and risking getting a strike or the rp quality just going down in general if ppl are spending too much time typing there instead of roleplaying. idk why the posts above are trying to dictate how fac leaders should run their own shit lol

Then don't have the people ruining your roleplay or faction reputation in the faction at all, why would you keep them if they are risking FM penalties? With the suggestion above you are basically blocking people from actually speaking to their faction members, where else are they going to have small OOC talk? Not everything is roleplay all the time, people actually speak OOC and have fun "lol"

50 minutes ago, joshua said:

I get your point, but in my opinion this is not the way to go forward. If someone is not following your faction rules, or ruining something, just warn them or kick them out of the faction.