How do you even enjoy GTAW?

Jerm124

I think a lot of people face this issue because they're not patient enough. It takes time to build relationships and get involved in roleplay, so don't get discouraged if you don't see results immediately. Just keep plugging away and eventually you will start to find your niche.

• Upvote 1

A lot of good tips.  One I haven't seen (or I missed) is to find employment in actual player run businesses.  See a cafe open? Ask if they're recruiting baristas.  A bar? Maybe they need a barman.  Good employees who actually turn up more than once are in demand so if you can do that you will make connections that way.  Also if you're getting ignored by people, it's probably just because you're a random new person, and random new people come and go very fast in GTAW.  Show people you're committed to that character and become a familiar face and they'll probably notice you more and speak to you.

With the crazy amount of micromanaging going on, I don't blame you for getting bored easily. Personally for me that keeps me going as a solo roleplayer is I do illegal activities, apply for a scheme, throw a function, be social with people I can tolerate being around. Don't restrict yourself to one area and get out of your comfort zone is all I can suggest. 

For me getting into RP initially was that I had a friend who was dragging me along to everywhere, friends like that are the most fun, since they call you everytime they see you online, but it's rare to come by and very sad to lose a friend like that if they stop playing or change main character.

• Upvote 1
53 minutes ago, Droaajd said:

For me getting into RP initially was that I had a friend who was dragging me along to everywhere, friends like that are the most fun, since they call you everytime they see you online, but it's rare to come by and very sad to lose a friend like that if they stop playing or change main character.

Safe to say I'm one of those friends I do /contacts every 30 minutes then dial up anyone I see who I like to RP with