Need help with making a character fun

Astralsomnia

44 minutes ago, Astralsomnia said:

Alright, well thanks for taking the time to come onto my thread to directly insult me, instead of giving me some advice for how to many a character that's boring for me to play, more engaging.

it's not an insult when it's subjectively a fact, especially if you say you're a shitposter. if you're unable to be creative and just are annoying or "shitposter" you don't really have a place to roleplay. you're a liability to yourself and others who wish to roleplay with you since they'll be carrying you to roleplay, to have fun. if you cannot have fun with everything given to you then why play? 

• Upvote 4

She's also my most serious character, Del is semi-serious cuz she's a kid, and Notsu just isn't that serious at all because she's old and has nothing going on in her life, but Sura is supposed to be my most narrative heavy character... and she can't find anything to do. I'm thinking the best route for her is to just make her completely lose it, and start throwing cats at people in an alley way.

This reads as you have 3 characters and you switch between them depending on how hard you want to 'troll' because you appear to be burnt out on your main.. Which I think is also a holdover character from other communities/servers? That's probably not doing you any favors if it is the case. All of the characters development and ties are essentially in another universe.

In regards to how your characters act and their life cycles and gameplay loops, try to aim for more than just..being annoying? Take into consideration how your gameplay affects others and what kind of environment youd like to foster. Perhaps take a step away from making pedantic characters thats main goals are to just... be a nuisance... And flesh out something more fulfilling?

Other than that, take a creative writing class? 

• Upvote 1

Start doing meth. As for your characters, have them start doing meth.

On a slightly more serious note, it looks like you want to sit around and be spoon fed roleplay but you're also an extremely picky eater. You are doomed to be bored as a result of your own character concepts. Get rid of all 3 and start over.

• Upvote 2

Start over.

Return to the character when you have the proper motivation. You describe playing the character as if it were a chore, with that mentality no matter what you do, you'll grow bored. 

There is a reason transferring characters across platforms and mediums rarely ends well, which it sounds like you've done, different status quo.

Once you've done that, you need to shift your attitude, that seems to be what alienates you from a majority of the factions you've described yourself as being blacklisted from. No one owes you roleplay, nor the benefit of the doubt when it comes to character interactions. 

Edited by Ketamine Kowboy
  • Upvote 1