How do you guys feel about voids?

kane

On 12/13/2023 at 5:43 AM, Gore said:

Voids normally come with a punishment on someone. Sometimes misunderstandings happen though, and stuff can get out of hand. Cant punish people for that.

Couldn't you argue, that misunderstandings and things getting out of hand is in the core nature of RP though? Just because two people are unhappy with how their stuff went down, if there's no rulebreak there shouldn't be a void. 

• Upvote 2
On 12/10/2023 at 4:52 PM, josef said:

We also consider how much roleplay would be affected by a void. If lots of roleplay has taken place following the original event, a void may not occur even in the presence of the aforementioned points. 

well if a report is thrown up for a void do you guys make all the roleplay come to a halt while admins investigate the report? because in my opinion, no matter how much roleplay is done, i'd want a situation voided if someone is out here breaking rules and making everything unfair

they are an unfortunate but necessary part of games like this. i pretty much just get on with it, even if a situation could technically be voided. it's a game and you can't always win at the end of the day. adding to that, sometimes shit happens irl that you'd want not to happen, but  you can't exactly void real life, can you?

Edited by eskaterfoo

Just my 2 cents. From LEO perspective when it comes to voids, it's quite frustrating when a lot of RP has been done and scenes unfold only to get voided because the suspect did a rulebreak. Recently some respective admins let the scenes unfold/let LEO's finish their RP with specific suspects (unless we wanted it voided due to them unable to RP) before handing out punishments and that's been pretty good.

I see and understand all sides of the ball. But as a legal roleplayer sometimes I feel that players do everything they can to find a reason to void something. Players only care about their assets, not the roleplay. You go through so much even as an illegal roleplayer, to kill someone per se, and then it gets voided because “oh, I didn’t see him there on my screen it was dsync”. Now, I am NOT saying any of this is on the admins but I feel that some reports when they are blatantly just only trying to get assets back shouldn’t be reverted. You make a decision in character to do something, you pay the consequences. Now I can see if someone just right out death matched you for nothing but a lot of times these situations are valid.

23 minutes ago, kane? said:

I see and understand all sides of the ball. But as a legal roleplayer sometimes I feel that players do everything they can to find a reason to void something. Players only care about their assets, not the roleplay. You go through so much even as an illegal roleplayer, to kill someone per se, and then it gets voided because “oh, I didn’t see him there on my screen it was dsync”. Now, I am NOT saying any of this is on the admins but I feel that some reports when they are blatantly just only trying to get assets back shouldn’t be reverted. You make a decision in character to do something, you pay the consequences. Now I can see if someone just right out death matched you for nothing but a lot of times these situations are valid.

I heard multiple players said the same thing multiple times. "Why would you report if you didn't lose any assets? That's just petty." which pretty much support your theory.