How do you guys feel about voids?

kane

Tbh, from a legal roleplayers standpoint I feel like alot of people go do stuff to get a clip, if it doesn't go in their favor or the way they want it to go they just find every reason to report for a void. It takes so much away from us Cop roleplayers bro because lets say we do hours worth of investigating and then it just gets voided, feel me? Let me know how y'all feel about this before it becomes a suggestion. Just wanna get opinions from others.

• Upvote 6

I have a weird history with voids. I've always considered myself as a "rarely void" kinda RPer, who tries to play through everything that happens, even bugs (which just need a bit of creativity to make sense). One time I was in this zomboid RP server, and the people there would constantly void and retcon things if they didn't like where they went, because they all hung out in VC to organize and plan out their stories, maintaining full control. Personally? I prefer things more organic, and as much as it hurts to suffer a tragedy, you have to play through.

But then I played games like GTAW, or DayZ, where tragedy isn't just inevitable, its common place. In another thread, we were discussing how the rate of violence in Los Santos is higher than that of an active combat zone. To make matters more complicated, there's a lot of OOC drama influencing people's IC actions. The most important factor is not everyone is here to roleplay, RDMs are common and if they weren't voided, it would basically result in everyone being CK'd within a month.

However, what I find strange, is that in this server only admins can void a situation. I've never really experienced that before, but its just another example of one of those rules a lot of people get away with not following, because people will void themselves for things like glitches, or sometimes an RDM if all players involved agree to it. The fact we have to RP something out until an admin can respond and pause a scene can also result in some very non-geniune roleplay.

So, in conclusion, I prefer it if nothing is voided, but I don't think GTAW can really support that yet with its culture.

Admins will only void a situation if there has been a rule break or punishment which prohibits the situation from continuing, a bug or desync. 

We also consider how much roleplay would be affected by a void. If lots of roleplay has taken place following the original event, a void may not occur even in the presence of the aforementioned points. 

Edited by josef
  • Upvote 5