running=bunnyhopping?

Onumbra

Why in the flying fuck yall keep running around so much????????????????????? I don't really remember when I actually saw someone running outside in real life. Even children don't run that much as I saw in the streets of Los Santos. People step out of their cars and even if the door is RIGHT next to it, merely 10 meters away, they still have the need to run to it. Some people even climb over cars so they can reach there faster. Is it just me or this is the most immersive breaking shit out there that just constantly happens. 

You don#t have to skip all the steps leading to the action. Enjoy the environment and take a walk. Should it be a rule that people can't run around all the damn time? Or at least when there are other people around. Of course if you are exercising or running from the cops. 

Can such thing actually be enforced somehow?

KHfrrsA.jpg

• Upvote 2

I 100% understand the argument, and whilst I fucking despite it myself, I too think its not enforceable. They might have an IC reason.

Every report would turn into a weeks long investigation that's left to sit in a dusty corner because staff cannot be bothered to verify if every 2 meters a person moves by running is an IC reason or not.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, CaffeineHigh said:

Every report would turn into a weeks long investigation that's left to sit in a dusty corner because staff cannot be bothered to verify if every 2 meters a person moves by running is an IC reason or not.

Maybe something like only IG reporting. No forum reports. You just tip off players who do that and if admins have time they can go and observe those players. If the rule is announced in advance and people know it is a rule then maybe even that will curb the running a little.

I run a lot IRL, mostly outside to and from the car, and yes I do look weird af and catch glances.

That said, I actually don't in game that often. I'm more of a stop and smell the roses kinda gal, and I have actually spend 20m walking across town, using the /anim walk21 command.

It is kind of immersion breaking to see people speed to a bank, /vp, sprint inside, quickly do money, sprint back, /vget, speed off. I see it a lot, and its unrealistic. Are these people even RPers? They're playing it like a video game, not like a RP environment.

I think we should just reintroduce a stamina system, but make it painfully realistic so there's exponential decrease in regeneration the higher your stamina is. If people deplete their meter, it'll take 20m to get back to 100, but only 5m to get to 75%, 1m to reach 25%... it'll reduce people sprinting, but also be hella annoying/tedious. You could even add modifiers for age, from 12-25 you have peak stamina, but after that it starts decreasing.

I'd also like to see more restrictions on /vp, maybe even preventing people from re-spawning their car for 5m.

13 minutes ago, Astralsomnia said:

I think we should just reintroduce a stamina system, but make it painfully realistic so there's exponential decrease in regeneration the higher your stamina is. If people deplete their meter, it'll take 20m to get back to 100, but only 5m to get to 75%, 1m to reach 25%... it'll reduce people sprinting, but also be hella annoying/tedious. You could even add modifiers for age, from 12-25 you have peak stamina, but after that it starts decreasing.

I love it. But people would never go with this.