NPC Garage Adjustment - Change Script to Properly Detect Private VS Public

PeopleKind

Detailed Description

Simple, change the NPC Garage script to allow it to be used when no shops are open to the public (with /bad & such) Because at the moment, if someone is using a player owned garage for private modifications, the script still detects that it's "open" & as such nobody can access the NPC Garage. Nothing wrong with private modifications, of course, but the script doesn't detect it as closed, which it should. Example is right now as I write this, not a single player garage opened, but someone, somewhere is using one for private modifications, & as such, the 5 people waiting at the NPC Garage can't use it;

7675b14168c6056c66cbce777eb82626.png

It's extremely annoying. Please make it so a shop needs to be publicly open for the NPC Garage to not work. Some people come in game when there's no player garages opened, & they can't log in during normal business hours, which is why the NPC Garage was added afaik. But if someone's using a player garage for private modifications, now the people that benefit from the NPC Garage can't use it, which defeats the purpose of it. 

Relevant Commands/Items

Tweak the NPC Garage Script so that in order for it not to work, a player owned mechanic garage has to actually be open to the public. Because right now when player garages are being used for private modifications & such, the script detects it as "Open" even when it's clearly not. 

My suggestion for a fix? Make it so that in order for the NPC Garage to not be useable, a player business has to have a /bad & blip on the map. I'm no coder but I think it could work. 

How will it benefit the server?

Quality of life, should have been this way from the jump but I'm not sure how to make it possible, other than the advertisement idea.

• Upvote 2
  • Developer
21 hours ago, PeopleKind said:

Detailed Description

Simple, change the NPC Garage script to allow it to be used when no shops are open to the public (with /bad & such) Because at the moment, if someone is using a player owned garage for private modifications, the script still detects that it's "open" & as such nobody can access the NPC Garage.

This is how it was supposed to work after discussion with PM. I can bring that topic to them and maybe figure out something. It might be hard to detect blips, businesses without /bad can still be open to public, but the owner/employees might just not have required donator status - with that, we will kill these businesses even more. L&A for now.

• Upvote 2