[LSI NEWS] Rerun: Senator Jones and Senator Brandenburg Discuss Former Chairman's Homophobic Facebrowser Post and Debate Death Penalty's Return 

Degu

10 hours ago, babygoat said:

Name: Ezra Ferreira

Comment: I would much rather be "politicized" than be denied such a motion that supports my community and that makes me feel included and celebrated in a city that is infested with homophobia and radical extremism. I'd love to see evidence on those claims against the Democratic senators that are supposedly politicizing the community to gain votes. If there's no real evidence and we're only theorizing, I'd like to make my own theory: maybe the demographic of Rossi's voters is mostly made out of those homophobes and radical extremists that I was just talking about and voting for such a motion would make him lose the majority of his voters, so he naturally has to vote against it and then figure out ways to clean the mess it creates.

As for "modern Christianity", it does follow the old testament. It's insulting to say the old testament is completely outdated, and it's especially insulting to the Hebrew Bible for Jewish people. I'm atheist myself and I still find what Mr. Coleman had to say wrong. The church doesn't say that it doesn't rely on the old testament; it still very much teaches it but it pushes towards a more symbolic reading of the scriptures. Why so? Because what we must not forget is that those scriptures are written by human-beings and were not God-sent like the Quran is believed to be by Muslim people for example and thus, there is always room for human error. Inferiority complexes, power struggles, self-hate and homophobia, among other mental issues that Mr. Spencer seems to suffer from, have always existed and the likes of this man must have written and kept horrible texts that incite hate such as the ones he has quoted even though they go against all Christian and Jewish values.

No all-knowing god could incite hate. An all-knowing god knows that love is the best way for all of us to lead happy lives in the short time we have on Earth. An all-knowing god knows that I cannot decide who I feel emotions towards, who I get butterflies in my stomach for or who I'm attracted to sexually. An all-knowing god would definitely be against the ideas of the likes of Johnathan Spencer or anyone who voted against the motion of pride month. An all-knowing god would promote love and love only. At least, that's the "God" the believers in my entourage believe in and it's also the God Pope Francis has been preaching, if Spencer pretends to be following the church and "Christianity".

Username: Agent Z

Comment: Excuse me? How about you do your research, because you have 0 knowledge of scripture. The Qur’an is God’s revelation. There is no human error involved. You don’t speak for God and you don’t speak for Islam. Try misleading people elsewhere, Satan.

Edited by Zani
  • Upvote 2

Username: KappaPzi

Comment: fuck ya'll, wanting to support some illness that is spreading in our beloved country! only people like Spencer and Rossi can stop this ILLNESS FROM SPREADING! Go to hell with your LLLLLTQ shit, God made rainbows to spread colorfulness! not your fucking illness! All politicians are fucking disgrace to our country if they support LLLLLTQ community!! Fuck FREDICK COLEMAN for his second thoughts about our bible! #bereal #betrue #cureillness

Edited by sico
  • Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Zani said:

Username: Agent Z

Comment: Excuse me? How about you do your research, because you have 0 knowledge of scripture. The Qur’an is God’s revelation. There is no human error involved. You don’t speak for God and you don’t speak for Islam. Try misleading people elsewhere, Satan.

Name: Ezra Ferreira

Comment: I literally said the Quran is godsent... 

Username: Frederick Coleman

Comment: Just to make it clear, the comment Spencer presented was only up for a couple of hours, I had deleted it once a friend further educated me on the matter, I was always taught that the Old Testament was “overwritten” in a way by the new, but I’ll be the first to admit I was wrong on that.

Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs but if it involves believing in the quoted scripture literally and wishing for the death of homosexual people? I don’t stand by that. Times change, and that sentiment shouldn’t be held anymore.

It’s not unfaithful to stray away from certain scripture, much like it is not unamerican to disagree with parts of our legal system, governance, etc. Being a blind follower is never a good thing.

• Upvote 6

Username: Edward Ulf
Comment: 

The bible is just a book. If you are to follow it, you have to follow *all* of it and not just cherry pick from it. American Christianity is nothing like actual Christianity.

Just look at US history, a lot of shitty things were justified by politicians using the bible.

People have replaced faith with ideology and certain people abuse the religious books like the quran or bible to be massive shitstains on society. 

• Upvote 1
20 hours ago, eden ღ said:

Username: Frederick ColemanComment:

Just to make it clear, the comment Spencer presented was only up for a couple of hours, I had deleted it once a friend further educated me on the matter, I was always taught that the Old Testament was “overwritten” in a way by the new, but I’ll be the first to admit I was wrong on that.

Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs but if it involves believing in the quoted scripture literally and wishing for the death of homosexual people? I don’t stand by that. Times change, and that sentiment shouldn’t be held anymore.

It’s not unfaithful to stray away from certain scripture, much like it is not unamerican to disagree with parts of our legal system, governance, etc. Being a blind follower is never a good thing.

Name: Jonathan Spencer
Comment: So, if I understand correctly, you previously described the Old Testament as barbaric, showing disrespect to the beliefs of many people. However, now that a 'friend' has provided you with some insight and you've come to the realization that the Old Testament hasn't been 'overwritten,' do you still hold the same opinion you expressed earlier? Dao you have the audacity to stand by your previous words? Or are you conveniently backtracking now that you've realized the error of your ways? It's quite remarkable how quickly some people change their tune when confronted with the reality of their own ignorance.

You must be feeling very noble now that you've deleted the comment and admitted your mistake, I'm glad you've finally caught up with the truth, unfortunately, you are still way far away from it. It's amusing how conveniently you discard parts of your faith when they don't align with modern values, but here, I will be that 'friend' of yours once again and knock some common sense into your head, but first, remember, being a "blind follower" is not a good thing as you claim, but neither is being a hypocrite who conveniently cherry-picks their beliefs, It's worth noting that tolerance is something you vouch for, yet you seem far from embracing it by calling the religion of many "Barbaric". If the same has been said about the LGBTQ community, you would've been long cancelled by your very own "tolerant" people, so you're lucky that we live in an era of ignorance.

The Bible contains many verses that emphasize the importance of believing in and adhering to the entire Bible as the Word of God. Here are a few passages that reflect this perspective:

• Timothy 3:16-17 (NIV): "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."
  • Deuteronomy 4:2 (NIV): "Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the Lord your God that I give you."
  • Revelation 22:18-19 (NIV): "I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll."

So, please, Coleman. stop disrespecting our faith in order to align with your own perspective.

I'm calling you out through this comment in a live debate, let's see what you're actually made of, I've debated individuals who are far more misguided than you, so you're just another drop in the ocean, what's one more?

1 hour ago, Suxen said:

Comment: So, if I understand correctly, you previously described the Old Testament as barbaric, showing disrespect to the beliefs of many people. However, now that a 'friend' has provided you with some insight and you've come to the realization that the Old Testament hasn't been 'overwritten,' do you still hold the same opinion you expressed earlier? Dao you have the audacity to stand by your previous words? Or are you conveniently backtracking now that you've realized the error of your ways? It's quite remarkable how quickly some people change their tune when confronted with the reality of their own ignorance.

You must be feeling very noble now that you've deleted the comment and admitted your mistake, I'm glad you've finally caught up with the truth, unfortunately, you are still way far away from it. It's amusing how conveniently you discard parts of your faith when they don't align with modern values, but here, I will be that 'friend' of yours once again and knock some common sense into your head, but first, remember, being a "blind follower" is not a good thing as you claim, but neither is being a hypocrite who conveniently cherry-picks their beliefs, It's worth noting that tolerance is something you vouch for, yet you seem far from embracing it by calling the religion of many "Barbaric". If the same has been said about the LGBTQ community, you would've been long cancelled by your very own "tolerant" people, so you're lucky that we live in an era of ignorance.

The Bible contains many verses that emphasize the importance of believing in and adhering to the entire Bible as the Word of God. Here are a few passages that reflect this perspective:

• Timothy 3:16-17 (NIV): "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."
  • Deuteronomy 4:2 (NIV): "Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the Lord your God that I give you."
  • Revelation 22:18-19 (NIV): "I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll."

So, please, Coleman. stop disrespecting our faith in order to align with your own perspective.

I'm calling you out through this comment in a live debate, let's see what you're actually made of, I've debated individuals who are far more misguided than you, so you're just another drop in the ocean, what's one more?

Username: Frederick Coleman

Comment: Like I said, I don't stand by every piece of scripture when taken literally - it's historic and times have changed. I do believe parts of the Old Testament are barbaric when taken literally, there's lots of violence in it, the mistreatment of women, slavery, etc; it's true to how humanity was back then. That being said, some people interpret scriptures like this non-literally or believe scripture to be metaphoric - which there is no wrong in.

Using your own beliefs to claim to be offended by other's beliefs is nonsensical, much like quoting scripture to paint your own narratives is. You went out of your way to hurt the LGBTQ+ community because of their beliefs, they deserve God's love as much as anyone else, and you're not the gatekeeper on that.

Scripture is up to interpretation.

I won't be replying any further, you're already disgraced so I'm accomplishing nothing talking to you. I hope you take some time to reflect.

2 hours ago, Suxen said:

Name: professionalhater

Comment: shut up u fucking dork who is reading this garbage 🛌🛌🛌🛌🛌🛌🛌🛌🛌🛌🛌🛌