Outdoor Cameras Without Donor

A couple of months ago when they released the Security Company update, I posted a suggestion to make it so external security cameras weren't tied to the player donating to the server but rather through those security companies. A dev locked it and said it was in the works, and some time after that they made a general discussion thread talking about the system and getting feedback on how it'd work. 

But we've heard nothing since so I don't know if its been scrapped or not. Either way, this is something we really need. As someone who spent a lot of time investigating crimes in SD, dealing with the CCTV situation has always been asinine. There should be a cost to having security, but not an IRL monetary cost. Having this figured out is not a luxury QoL thing, it's something that will significantly reduce the amount of rule breaks and/or miscommunication and make the server healthier around the CCTV concept.

Edited by Inked
On 10/1/2023 at 3:16 AM, Wolfess said:

+1

But instead of allowing business owners, encourage RP by hiring security company or such along that nature to handle the installing to promote and foster more RP that isn't fade-to-magic.

Already do this. Doesn't matter since they need an approved admin CIM or the furniture

4 hours ago, Inked said:

A couple of months ago when they released the Security Company update, I posted a suggestion to make it so external security cameras weren't tied to the player donating to the server but rather through those security companies. A dev locked it and said it was in the works, and some time after that they made a general discussion thread talking about the system and getting feedback on how it'd work. 

But we've heard nothing since so I don't know if its been scrapped or not. Either way, this is something we really need. As someone who spent a lot of time investigating crimes in SD, dealing with the CCTV situation has always been asinine. There should be a cost to having security, but not an IRL monetary cost. Having this figured out is not a luxury QoL thing, it's something that will significantly reduce the amount of rule breaks and/or miscommunication and make the server healthier around the CCTV concept.

@FatCatTuxedo
is this still in the works?

• Price locked this topic