911 conversations with dispatchers

fr0stbytes

I am not really sure if this was suggested before, but I'll still post it.

So I was thinking actually, most of LEO factions now have their dispatchers  who dispatch units around, etcetera. So, we could make an addition; When someone calls 911, let there be a possibility to speak with a dispatcher, and have a conversation. And if there are no dispatchers available, just let it be questions / answer 911 call. I think it would be a good addition.

Edited by frostyworks
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
  • fr0stbytes changed the title to 911 conversations with dispatchers

Something like this has been spoken of for a long time, there are two sides to it. I am all for supporting it and would love to have something like this available, the logistical difficulty I imagine would be creating it as a working concept and then finding people to actually do it. It may be popular at first but then die out, that's where the NPC fall back comes into play. Could be a lengthy discussion on this subject.

Support all the way if done right!

• Upvote 1
39 minutes ago, Inked said:

How would this work with both factions having their own internal dispatchers but the calls should be directed to both agencies? Or is the suggestion that in this case, whatever dispatcher is free to handle the call can direct it to their agency?

Can just be a civilian employement in LSPD. They can use department chat so it will be easy just to let other agencies know and send units. For example somebody calls 911 and requires Fire department, LSPD is taking the call, gathering information and transmitting it to LSFD through dept chat, afterwards an unit will be dispatched.

Edited by frostyworks
  • Upvote 1
Just now, frostyworks said:

Can just be a civilian employement in LSPD. They can use department chat so it will be easy just to let other agencies know and send units. For example somebody calls 911 and requires Fire department, LSPD is taking the call, gathering information and transmitting it to LSFD through dept chat, afterwards an unit will be dispatched.

That complicates the matter as all calls have to go through LSPD even if they're only meant for LSFD/PHMC. Also; LSSD has their own dispatcher who get cut out in this case.

I do think an option of like a /d(ispatcher)duty command where if there's a dispatcher on duty for any LEO flagged faction - it will allow them to pick it up as long as they're not already dealing with a caller. Then have it disseminate to their respective agencies or departmental if necessary, but dunno what to do in the case of FD still. Surely there's a way to make it work tho that others in that sphere may be able to come up with.

17 minutes ago, Inked said:

That complicates the matter as all calls have to go through LSPD even if they're only meant for LSFD/PHMC. Also; LSSD has their own dispatcher who get cut out in this case.

I do think an option of like a /d(ispatcher)duty command where if there's a dispatcher on duty for any LEO flagged faction - it will allow them to pick it up as long as they're not already dealing with a caller. Then have it disseminate to their respective agencies or departmental if necessary, but dunno what to do in the case of FD still. Surely there's a way to make it work tho that others in that sphere may be able to come up with.

LSPD was just an example ; Dispatchers could also work apart, in government faction, so that way it can be balanced for every faction. If this ever happens, all current dispatchers could work together in one faction.

So let’s say there are dispatchers on duty in government faction: all LEO factions won’t see incoming calls so dispatchers can dispatch information to correct agencies. 

If there are no dispatchers on duty, it will be NPC questions / answers right now and in that case all LEO will see incoming calls.

Edited by frostyworks
  • Price locked this topic