Gun shortage: fact or fiction?

eTaylor

there's not enough guns in circulation at all. the guns people see most of are either old. old stockpiled  guns or are obtained through PF abuse using alt characters. a supplier waits 30 days for their drop, hands it out to 2 factions in 3 4 days and then sits on their ass for another 30 days, while the 2 factions probably go through the guns and preorder more 2 weeks ahead. its that simple.

Edited by Eastside.Shady
  • Upvote 2

as far as i've seen, for those who are not deep/high rank within an illegal faction, get guns by looting, stealing, robbing. and many rulebreaks and unrealistic ways pushed by the fact there's a lack of gun trafficking for who could realistically just get a gun off a deal

8 minutes ago, Twentybyte said:

so thats why there have been less gunshot related calls lately

blessed peace

Most of those guns are just the same guns being looted over and over. There are people who pull some Cleveland Strangler tactics and have bodies all lined up in their house. They often  just pull bodies into their properties and have them sit there until the timer unlocks and they can loot guns. People have their friends go run and loot guns, etc. Often its the same guns being used over and over in a lot of shootings that happen in South Central. 

Edited by CowboyYoda22
  • Upvote 1

Stockpiling guns is the primary problem. It prevents suppliers from obtaining more or better weapons from my knowledge and the weapons that are distributed aren't reaching the intended recipients—for example, some factions MAY supply more white factions than sureno like their supposed to, and this leaves the sureno gang left with open arms. Most of the time, even the small number of persons who do obtain firearms only obtain 5–6 pistols to distribute among a 20–25 member faction.

There needs to be a significant reevaluation within the server; stop trusting the suppliers you've been trusting for years and give new people a chance to boost the scene. There are many existing characters who have likely applied for weapon supplier before or have plans to do so but ddeep down are aware that they will be rejected in favor of the same guy who has been supplier for the past couple years instead, so why bother? And in my opinion formed by research; In an effort to maintain things close-knit, many of these suppliers that do exist are in 'admin' factions or are very close to 'admins'.

As previously stated in this thread, if some of these issues were resolved, there would be a significant decrease in the number of issues. You desire that looting ends? Give them no justification or reason to. You want users to quit signing off on police, right? Give them no justification or reason to. Despite what is stated in forum reports, the underlying motivation for breaking the rules rather than facing IC punishment is to maintain one's weapons. Although I don't like it, I have to admit that I can't blame them.

• Upvote 3
6 hours ago, liq said:

Guns are short because a couple of major suppliers have been out of the game for a while, both by the factions going away or by law enforcement crackdowns. The server is generally dependent on every gun drop, every month to maintain supplying demand and if you miss out a month or two, then it so happens that people feel guns to be scarce. 

😂
Black faction leaders after getting a drop from TBC: @everyone we got a drop!!!!!!!!!!!
The drop: 3 pistols and 150 pistol ammo on a 15 man faction. 

Mexican faction leaders after getting a drop from the Mexican Mafia: Who needs a gun?
The drop: 5 smgs, 15 pistols, 2,5k pistol ammo, 5 knifes on a 5 man faction.

• Upvote 1