Make more gun suppliers and change how suppliers actually work.

soudiere

3 minutes ago, pogoyo said:

The supplier system is heavily skewed in favor of long-term (2+ years) suppliers whose status is bound to them personally, rather than to factions. There are probably four or five of these people. Most supplier now is distributed to be paired with factions, and in amounts that are usually insufficient to supply the whole faction/its network. 

The following is made up stats, but I guarantee you this is actually what supplier distribution looks like. A very small number of people account for a plurality of the server's gun output, and have for quite a while.

Q6saFHR.png

IFM should actually release the stats on it: how many suppliers are there, and how much does each supplier get? Keep it anonymous, just a spreadsheet!

This is the most informed reply on the matter. To wait a year for a 5-10 gun increase in today's market whereas guns are lost daily hampers your ability as a supplier to support the market, therefore you end up spreading what you have in the most efficient way to supply as much as possible and go from there. It's true that official factions and by that denomination, major suppliers, have a very low attrition rate, but it's still nonsensical how a big gun supplier faction being locked and archived months ago still hasn't been matched in terms of supply. Stats on guns could be beneficial to see what is going on in the market as a whole — guns lost, guns seized, etc. 

Another point is the ability to request specific weapons. We've had an assault rifle ban since December last year and no supplier gets rifles, or if they do, they're selectively given to the people who have bigger output & are severely scarce. It's understandable to avoid them for a while but to continuously force people to pick out the least shitty SMG or just keep requesting the MiniSMG for the driveby no recoil bug is painful. 

I still uphold the fact that the "average illegal role-player" is a Davis LTD noob who shouldn't have access to guns anyway. If you want a supplier to supply you, you need a bargaining chip and you need to play an angle. Most factions wonder why they never get supplied when their main role-play activities consistent of 24/7 block hugging & beef. 

--

Traffic stops don't result in any shootouts because there's been a rule change a few months ago that prohibits you from shooting cops for meager reasons. It's not the actuality of the server. What really happens are distraction shots during a raid, or shootouts generated during random encounters i.e. the police coming to two parties exchanging gunfire. 

• Upvote 6

Big +1, I'll say one more thing as well that just came to mind, more gun suppliers and a better flow of guns in the server would make illegal roleplay way more authentic and natural, right now the faction scene is so fucking fake, whether they want to admit it or not, people not wanting to beef with certain factions because "we can get guns from them if we're cool", people roleplaying with people they clearly don't want to, because they know that's the only way they might possibly be able to get their hands on a gun, people trying to go as far as make OOC connections with people in order to befriend their way into some guns, If more people had access to guns, roleplay would be a lot less scripted and people wouldn't be afraid to do the things they really want to.

Edited by Franchise Player
  • Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, liq said:

I still uphold the fact that the "average illegal role-player" is a Davis LTD noob who shouldn't have access to guns anyway. If you want a supplier to supply you, you need a bargaining chip and you need to play an angle. Most factions wonder why they never get supplied when their main role-play activities consistent of 24/7 block hugging & beef. 

Ay bro, I said roleplayer, not player. Furthermore, why is this not applicable to drugs then? Literally nobody will bat an eye about selling you a bulk amount of drugs if you have the money, but if you ask for even a single pistol, then the situation gets complicated specifically because of that scarcity.

7 minutes ago, liq said:

Traffic stops don't result in any shootouts because there's been a rule change a few months ago that prohibits you from shooting cops for meager reasons. It's not the actuality of the server. What really happens are distraction shots during a raid, or shootouts generated during random encounters i.e. the police coming to two parties exchanging gunfire. 

Define meager reason though. Because I've definitely seen the excuse of "Oh we were getting away from a crime that would come with lengthy prison sentences" or "Oh we're transporting a massive amount of substances" and similar rhetoric be deemed okay as reasoning, knowing with pretty confidence that those excuses were made after the fact to justify behavior spawned from OOC intentions.

Edited by soudiere

Weapon supplying has always been ridiculous.

It's ridiculous that "umbrella factions" have to hand out guns to maintain their influence over other factions.

It's ridiculous that you can sell a single firearm for the same amount of money as a half pound of drugs.

It's ridiculous that a crew of gun dealers will make 10x the money of a crew of drug dealers.

It's ridiculous that even bullets are sold as some scarce underworld commodity.

I've always wanted to see what would happen if guns were as readily available IG as they are IRL. The argument against it seems to be that DMing would get worse but I don't see how it could get worse. Roleplaying in a gang faction is already about as pleasant as a colonoscopy due to DMing. Even if DMing did get a bit worse with more guns, we'd at least have a somewhat realistic underworld economy. 

I pray for the day getting your hands on a gun is as simple as making a call to one of the 20 people you know who has spare guns and will sell you one for cheap.

Seriously, let's just see what happens. We don't know if flooding the server with guns would be shit but we definitely know the way it works right now is shit.

• Upvote 6
26 minutes ago, pogoyo said:

The supplier system is heavily skewed in favor of long-term (2+ years) suppliers whose status is bound to them personally, rather than to factions. There are probably four or five of these people. Most supplier now is distributed to be paired with factions, and in amounts that are usually insufficient to supply the whole faction/its network. 

The following is made up stats, but I guarantee you this is actually what supplier distribution looks like. A very small number of people account for a plurality of the server's gun output, and have for quite a while.

Q6saFHR.png

IFM should actually release the stats on it: how many suppliers are there, and how much does each supplier get? Keep it anonymous, just a spreadsheet!

IN LIEU OF REAL STATS WE CAN NERD OUT ON THE FAKE BUT PROBABLY REAL STATS TO TELL A STORY

RnNPi1S.png

SOMEONE OUT THERE IS VERY LUCKY

• Upvote 6