[SADEM] In Defense of Fairness and Life: Democrats Reject GOP Death Penalty Bill

Hugh-Gi-Oh

Username: aggie

Comment: I will never understand why politicians with 0 background or knowledge are making decisions about any kind of medical bills. Like yes, bring in experts, but all you ask for are statistics and not decades of experience within the field... Like idk how politics n shit work, but I do not think people with 0 knowledge in medicine/healthcare or anything in regard to it should be making these decisions.

Username: myoji
Comment: As a lawyer myself, I fail to see the sense of putting a 'bullet in the brain' of any criminal that meets the sentence - I can tell you first hand that more resources should be put forth to stop criminals who could even be considered for a "death penalty" arising in the first place, a life sentence should serve them fine. Death penalties don't deter anything, and I'm glad one party recognizes that.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
8 hours ago, Mecovy said:

username: Rational-thinking

Comment: Rather than kill them, why don't we just make them work in a prison company. We could have them producing food, electronics or clothes for penny's on the dollar and no wages. 

Username: Imightstealurvato

Comment: North Korea?

Username: whytepryde

Comment: Another day, another attempt by the government to legally murder people after locking them away like animals, sat on death row for years on years waiting. No attempt at talking to the wider public about the bill neither. Classic move from the rich.