State of player reports and Admin (abuse?)

Feimuss

Hi everyone

I write you a good old fashined letter, thats right. It's an lost art really, like handjobs.

I have no idea of where to start, so I'll guess I just start somewhere. I want to excuse myself for right now this post is written in current state of tiresome, a little frustrated and angry, so bear with me.

I can start by introducing myself, I go by the name of Paul West in-game, I am a trucker enthusiast (both IRL and in-game) and I work as such. I have been playing since 2021. I have been akicked once for inactivity, Got one admin warning but it's not logged in ucp, and I recently got ajail for failure to RP while trucking despite previous warnings. Non RP driving while trucking.

So thats me. I happily drive a MTL Pounder.

So recently it seems like I get contacted by admins in-game daily for some reason after the other. It almost always comes down to that people are reporting me for non-rp while loading/unloading truck. Sometimes that is correct and I will come back to that later in this post. 

So to citizens of Los Santos.

Are we really that trigger happy when it comes to /re another player because of a simple text in /me? I only ask. I can fully understand that people will report you for failure to roleplay, robbery,  DM, AFK, activly trying to trigger police chase etc when engaged in a active RP that really matters. By all means report, but a simple trucker who drives from A to B 20 times in a row forgets to put a /me before loading and reports him for that. Come on. I get it that this server is heavily RP based, but how is my not /me unloads his truck interfering with your gameplay as you sit next to me waiting for your car to come out of the machanical shop?  I'm not trying to justify me not RP because I really do RP. Sometimes I take an YOLO as the kids says, but I always drive safe and make sure my gametime to not affect others around me, for instance me driving a Pounder through Davis in 200mph and crashing every car I come across and kills people. It's just simply me not typing /me unlaods the crates when I think I am alone, and some poor bastard hiding behind a corner waiting to /re me for not RP with people around. This really starts to get frustrating and tiresome. 

I have occasionally skipped RP with multiple truckers around me when they do the same and a some sort of unwritten rule, I do, you do. and I am not gonna call out names of either admins or in-game characters, but I have photos and video evidence of the people who reports me actually do the same thing. It's hillarious and I get ajailed for it. Needless to say why has it comes to this? It's like I get Nervous (phun indended) for playing this game when I know that any minute an admin pops into my screen. 

So to Administration.

I have no idea what goes behind the scenes of what type of rules you have in between, but is not common courtesy a part of it? It seems you are so eager to bust someone it's not even funny.

In other games with active admin staff you are always getting contacted and can talk in game with them right before or during a suspension to talk it out like was this a mistake or not. What I mean is when you ajailed me for the non rp thing. I did not get a warning before hand, and I don't demand it, but  common courtesy? what about starting with "Hello there blah, blah, blah, please park you vehicle and lock it before I put you away" or "Hi there, you need to stop what you are doing, befor ajail duties awaits you"  If you see a trucker who fails to roleplay, spawn or PM that fella and say, listen you fucked up park your car and get your ass handed to you. Something alon those line. I'm just to tired to write a formal note about it, but you catch my drift. Is it really neccessary to just instant ajail me for that? You have probably the power to freeze someone, you can start with that if neccessary and talk to that person. As I said I don't demand it, but it would be nice to have a conversation before locking me up 30 minutes before letting me explain myself.

I think I'm done for the post as of now. something up here is probably wrongly written or wrong grammar and someone prob gonna /re Feimuss for incorrect grammar - Admin /ajail Feimuss for failure to write correct english, 90 minutes. Go read an english dictionary in the mean time. 

I just want to say that I will not engage in a discussion here. It was just simply me trying to reach out and ask what the fuck is going on. Feel free to discuss yourself. I'm just too tired. 

EDIT: This should probably be in the General Discussion, thats my bad. Admin feel free to move it there.

Best regards,

Feimus AKA Paul West.

Edited by Feimuss
Wrong forum
  • Upvote 4

It has been a long time since I trucked but for.me.it is pretty black and white. You should be rp'ing every action there is even a massive warning when you start shipment about role playing all your actions.

Yes it is repetitive, but that is trucking. Vary it up as much as you can.

Rules about having to so /me's are the damb. Made by auti**$#. You are already carrying boxes with an animation, it's like /me walks.

Make a better script instead of having annoying rules.

I've tried trucking to see the script, I didn't do a bunch of meaningless /me's

I don't care if truckers type their copy pasted /me ubloads the crates!

What can add immersion to a scene is more about how their truck look(bright pink truck pls), if their outfit is appropriate, if the unloading is done in a plausible location, if there's more than one player interacting with eachother, they are not sprinting back and forth between the truck. (Which I also did when testing it, blame the system)

Just like mechanics are a terrible- racecar driver serving you a catalog in the backyard of weasel news kind of experince. But considered ok rp if they go do a bunch of /me's that noone read. 

• Upvote 1

I can understand the frustration of being reprimanded when you feel like you're not in the wrong. Requiring truckers to RP their deliveries may seem like it doesn't add much to other player's experiences, but look at it like this; It forces people to slow down and not rush through everything when they make a drop off. At an open business this does more harm than the lack of roleplaying imo. At a busy store you can potentially have a few massive trucks speeding in with lack of regard for safety then just whip out of there in a similar fashion after they spam Y. Not saying you do this, it's just seemed to be happening more and more. As a result people might report things on instinct just so they can have it looked into whether it was happening or not.

It's there to stop the GTAO grind mindset, which I wouldn't say you have but you got caught up in the environment that the script job has been suffering from lately, where a lot of people are just rushing through it all.

1 hour ago, bricksbricksbricks said:

Rules about having to so /me's are the damb. Made by auti**$#. You are already carrying boxes with an animation, it's like /me walks.

Make a better script instead of having annoying rules.

I've tried trucking to see the script, I didn't do a bunch of meaningless /me's

I don't care if truckers type their copy pasted /me ubloads the crates!

What can add immersion to a scene is more about how their truck look(bright pink truck pls), if their outfit is appropriate, if the unloading is done in a plausible location, if there's more than one player interacting with eachother, they are not sprinting back and forth between the truck. (Which I also did when testing it, blame the system)

Just like mechanics are a terrible- racecar driver serving you a catalog in the backyard of weasel news kind of experince. But considered ok rp if they go do a bunch of /me's that noone read. 

If your doing /me unloads the crates then you are doing it wrong particularly when loading and unloading a pounder.

I think doing good me's when trucking, is just as important as doing good me's as a mechanic and any other passive rp.

The script already supports truckers with loading and unloading easily, adding a decent me.to top and tail the process is not too much to ask.

I've done trucking before, I was part of a company, the whole deal. Did I do /me's when alone? Not really, I find it a pretty futile exercise. What I did do is drive realistically, and walk to the delivery points instead of running. It's gonna be a difference of 20 seconds in your delivery and honestly it just adds more to the world in my opinion if as a trucker I become a living scene around someone else's RP, and in months I never had a single report. I think that's a lot more important than a /me in the void, especially when truckers are all racing to the same store and bottlenecking a street like it's bumper cars.

Now, I've also seen truckers do the most insane shit for the sake of their script job. I'm not the only one, and this is every day. Just yesterday at the scene of a homicide the trucker that was at the scene IC just said "I'm just going to deliver these boxes and come back", and then he did. And even then, we had to commend him for stopping in his grinding to report a murder he had witnessed and actually staying there for a minute. That's the level trucking's at, generally speaking. The best you can hope for is that your average trucker will bother to RP half-heartedly before rushing off to make up for the lost time.

I'm sure there's a ton of honest, good and dedicated trucker RPers out there, but like in many things in this server, if a large enough group of people set their own standard to a certain level, then they're all going to be scrutinized more harshly, and perhaps sometimes unfairly. All I can suggest is that you do the best you can with what you got.

• Upvote 2