Los Santos Insider | Interview with Democratic Candidate, Mayoral Elections: Danielle Bordeaux

Lomadias

HPTAzSi.png

"Interview with Democratic Candidate, Mayoral Elections: Danielle Bordeaux"

Written by Holly Miller, August 27

With the upcoming mayoral elections looming on the horizon, with the voting period coming ever closer, Los Santos residents are eager to make informed decisions that will shape the future of the community. LSI has pursued our commitment to be known as a reliable source of accurate facts, and we strive to provide our readers and listeners with comprehensive coverage whilst upholding our prime goal; providing unbiased and accurate information to the citizens of Los Santos consistently.

LSI has taken the initiative to provide a balanced perspective, and prepared a set of predetermined questions not shared with the candidates until the interview, to prevent any research or preparation. The interview articles are posted on the same day to further prevent one candidate from having time to prepare. Both candidates had the opportunity to expand as they deemed necessary to showcase the attributes they uphold to make them a suitable future Mayor.

By posing the same set of questions, we aim to provide a level playing field for the people of Los Santos to assess each candidate and help to make an informed decision when voting for their next potential Mayor.

LSI have also opted to refrain from the use of advertisements on articles covering the political campaigns of candidates.

0LNkkZQ.png

GmaId99.png

LSI had the pleasure of scheduling an interview with Democratic candidate Danielle Bordeaux, obtaining her insight into the election and focusing on her plans should she be the successful candidate. The interview took place in Ms. Bordeaux’s home as the LSI facility was not yet complete at the time of interview.

HANK PRESTON & FREDERICK COLEMAN INTERVIEW: CLICK HERE

Danielle Bordeaux Interview, Holly Miller 17/08/2023 - Private Residence

Holly: Campaigns are beginning to take off, but away from the social media posts and posing for the camera, who are the people voting for, if they vote for you?

Danielle: They're voting for someone who focuses on the person, rather than the problem. Someone who's spent their life working tirelessly to help those in need of medical attention, wisdom and compassion. They're voting for a lady who takes pleasure in both the simple and grand things in life. I'm just as happy walking up a trail on Mount Gordo, as I am enjoying a cocktail on a marquis. But more importantly, they're voting for someone honest.

Let me say this now and for all to hear. I do NOT have all of the answers to this cities problems. I'm not omnipotent, nor am I any kind of god. I'm someone who believes if we want to make a difference, we need a hundred people with one percent of the answer to come together to form a solution. Not people who claim they know how to fix everything. I believe fundamentally that everyone's experience in this city is different. They come from different levels of wealth, or none at all. They come from highly educated backgrounds, or those struggling to apply themselves. The fact I have an MD, does not make me more important than a sixteen year old from Davis struggling to find their way in school. Rather it means I have a duty to help, a duty to find a way to help that sixteen year old find their potential. 

Holly: Do you feel that this sets you apart from the other Mayoral candidate, Mr. Preston? Or more generally ... what sets you apart from your competition?

Danielle: Well, I haven't met Mr Preston personally so I won't comment on his conduct as a person. That would be judgmental and unfair, despite the issues we're clashing over. What I feel sets us apart is Hank's party has been in power for two years in this state. His campaign focuses on pushing what I like to call.. the steady as she goes approach. Nothing that'll rock the boat, some promises he would have no way to act upon like this tax rebate policy.

His approach relies on the establishment and the State. Between you and I Holly, did you know that taxpayer money goes directly to the State Government, a portion of that is then given to the city government to operate. I don't know how Mr Preston intends on bringing about those tax rebates when he wouldn't have access to the tax records as Mayor. They talk of transparency, something I agree is absolutely vital. So why has it taken two years for the Sunshine act to even be brought about? Why wasn't the Freedom of Information act instead updated to fit this state's need?

Holly: So in relation to this, what are you planning to target first, if elected?

Danielle: Well the people want to see transparency, so we'll be opening a way for citizens to directly request information off the city government. Rather than wait for the Sunshine act. But my biggest concern and something I'd have direct impact over, is how we deal with Vespucci.

Being tough on crime is important in this city, but there's multiple layers that make up why someone may feel compelled to turn to it. For area's like Davis, my approach is to help the social issues that face them. But with Vespucci? I see their motivation for crime being rooted in hateful ideology. 

We aren't blessed with endless police officers however, we need to be logical in how we approach crime. Which is why I think a neighborhood to neighborhood approach would be most successful. But what good will that do if there's not a reform made to our penal system?

Currently people go to TTCF, do far less time then they should for serious offense then go right back to re-offending. It's nothing more than a vacation for them. I also believe our prison system is a breeding ground for more crime.

Which is why TTCF doesn't cut it for me. We need to restore the bollingbroke facility and have that serve as a hard time prison for those with laundry lists of felonies. Particularly relating to harm brought against the person. TTCF should shift its focus on rehabilitating more minor crimes, offering educational programs, technical qualification degree's and more importantly therapy. 

Now let me be clear, TTCF and the LSSD are a State funded agency and take their directives from the State only. I would like to hope that the Republican party in office works with us to bring about these changes. Once we're able to put away the worst of the worst, we can adopt a social approach to helping those who are being lured into crime. Those who's hearts are not darkened by evil, those who just feel neglected, unappreciated and unsupported by our government.

Holly: What qualities would you say, a Mayor should possess in order to be effective?

Danielle: I think a Mayor should be someone who cares equally about the citizens they're elected to represent. Someone who takes the time to sit and hear their stories, hear their suggestions and actually represent the people. This is why I don't feel hosting speeches and rallies accomplish that. How can you hear what the people have to say when you're just speaking AT them, rather than listening.

A Mayor should be entirely incorruptible and held to account at every step of the way. Now I'm aware some contradiction comes from the term of Marcus Cambridge. But under this state's constitution, a Mayor is supposed to hold a term of two years. He was put in that position as the prior Mayor was caught buying votes. I'm aware he wasn't elected, but he was there to do a job by rebuilding our government from the mess that Mayor Rockford left it in.

Holly: How difficult was the decision to run for Mayor? What pushed you to do so, considering your current responsibilities as Medical Director, and Director of Pillbox Hill Medical Center? 

Danielle: It was a difficult decision to make, I'm aware with my posting I hold no prior experience within the political space. However I have experience with helping people, experience in being here and I've seen this city change and progress over three years. 

Holly: The announcement of your campaign states that you will combine your experience and dedication to build a brighter tomorrow. What does that brighter tomorrow look like in your vision?

Danielle: A world where we don't live in fear of being robbed, where people aren't suffering under discriminatory policing policies, where folk don't get shot outside of gay bars for who they are. Where drug addicts are given help they need, not prison. As well as no more empty construction sites. Those spaces can be used for social housing, help get people truly off the streets.

Holly: What do you believe is the current Governments /biggest/ failure, if there was one you feel has had the most impact on the City, and not positively?

Danielle: As much as I admire him for taking a difficult job and giving it his best, we don't have a transparent city government, nor did most citizens get a chance to meet their mayor. Being what you could consider a politically independent mayor, he stayed clear of taking a side some social issues, or even hosting events like meet and greets. He did a good job running the department, bad job of showing people that.

Holly: Would you consider the success of Pillbox to be your greatest achievement?

Danielle: I do, we built a team up from an apartment in Vinewood, to a large clinic in Rockford and finally the Hospital itself. Three years of sweat and tears to get to this point, but we did it.

Holly: Well this is the moment where I open the floor to you. If you have anything you would like to speak on, ensuring the public hear it from you directly, now is the time.

Danielle: As my campaign focuses on being there and hearing the community directly. I will decline this opportunity. I want them to hear from me directly and in person, rather than through a proxy.

Holly: Can the public expect any upcoming events with yourself for this exact purpose?

Danielle: Of course. We'll be having a meet and greet at Out of Towners tomorrow at eight PM. The grand debate hosted by Big Tony's buffet will be on Sunday at eight. I'll be doing a barbecue for folks next week at Mirror Park. I'll be cooking but it'll be a chance for everyone to come along and enjoy some food and ask their questions. Otherwise, they can expect my visits at events and their communities. We will NOT be hosting any speeches however, I fundamentally disagree with them.

Los Santos Insider would like to thank both sets of candidates for their time during the interview process. We hope that further insight into the candidate's plans and campaign targets help our readers and listeners to make a more informed decision when selecting their new Mayor come the open voting period.

Have something to add? Leave a comment below!

Comments are: Enabled

Name:

Comment:

Edited by Lomadias
  • Upvote 8
  • Applaud 2

Username: legaldeagle
Comment: The nub of what I intend to say here is that we have much to fear from Dr. Bordeaux. Personally, I’m afraid that one day, she’ll impale us on a Morton’s Fork: Either we let her utilize legal, above-ground organizing in combination with illegal, underground tactics to convert our children to cultural zombies in a mass of unthinking and easily herded proletarian cattle, or she’ll unleash the forces of adversarialism upon an unsuspecting populace. Regardless of which we choose, Dr. Bordeaux alleges that embracing a system of authoritarianism will make everything right with the world. This allegation is false and can be construed only as a part of an effort to degrade, divide, and destroy our nation. Be honest; can you in any way believe Dr. Bordeaux’s claim that doing the fashionable thing is more important than life or liberty? I cannot, mainly because the next time she decides to eliminate the plebiscitary mechanisms that ensure a free and democratic society, she should think to herself, cui bono?—who benefits? Perhaps you’re wondering why I insist on turning her assistants into decent, civilized people who actually have something positive to contribute to society. It’s partly because Dr. Bordeaux’s coadjutors are so passive, pliant, and subservient that they willingly heed Dr. Bordeaux’s call to suppress all news that portrays her in a bad light, and it’s partly because—and this is one of those times when a cliché can acquire renewed force—somebody has to do it. That’s why I like to say that Dr. Bordeaux has a natural talent for complaining. She can find any aspect of life and whine about it for hours upon hours.

Unfortunately, imprudent, counterproductive curmudgeons who make individuals indifferent to the survival of their families make no effort to contend with the inevitable consequences of that action. In spite of the fact that I, hardheaded cynic that I am, can hardly believe how in this day and age, lawless, devious losels are allowed to permit lily-livered harijans to rise to positions of leadership and authority, every so often, she tries creating an atmosphere that may temporarily energize or exhilarate but which, at the same time, will pose the gravest of human threats. Whenever she gets caught doing so she raises a terrific hullabaloo calculated to envelop us in a nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror. As you have presumably determined, this has been a letter of bittersweet observations and conclusions. I daresay it may have come off a bit more tart than tasty. It nonetheless comes to you from the heart and with my sincere belief that there is a special place in hell for those who deny citizens the ability to draw their own conclusions about the potential for violence that Dr. Danielle Bordeaux, M.D. may be generating.

• Upvote 1

Username: BigotsWorstNightmare

Comment: I think it's interesting that every hate comment has nothing to say about Danielle's policy but focuses instead on her outfits and her personal relationships. Typical of Republican bigots whenever a woman embraces her power and uses her voice. Loved the article. #Danielle4Mayor

Edited by Barbie

Name: collegestudent4

Comment:  Dear Sub-Human Filth,

I'm appealing to all of you stupid idiots to vote Democrat in 2023. That is if you have the basic education enough to read a ballot, anyway. I understand the majority of you racist rednecks can't even read this post, though. But those who can, please pass my message on to the rest of your inbred family.

We Democrats are morally, culturally and intellectually superior to you in every way. I will qualify myself by noting that I have a Liberal Arts degree from a college, which you obviously have never been to, if you even know what one is. I also have a black friend. I have been told by several professors that everything you hold dear is terrible. Therefore you, personally, are also terrible.

I don't know you, but I know that you're racist. I also know that you hate gay people and still get scared during lightning storms. The religion which you hold closely, greatly believe in, and which brings you comfort--you are wrong because I'm smarter than you and I'm telling you so. It is one of the many reasons why you are stupid and I'm better than you.

You see, us Democrats want a system which helps everyone in the world. Our system is designed around love and kindness to everyone. If you don't agree, I hate you.

It's not too late to change. If you knew your history, which of course you don't, you'll remember a time in America when Indians were dragged away from their homes and forced to assimilate into white society. Well, we want to change that kind of behaviour (sorry for my spelling, as I'm not from your country) by making sure you go to college and have a small apartment in a big, busy coastal city, where you belong. That will help you rid yourselves of your backward, incorrect culture and way of thinking. We'll do everything we can to make sure you agree with us and say all the right things and not be brainwashed against thinking the same way we do.

All of you stupid, backward, redneck, racist, homophobic, uneducated yokels need to realize we're trying to build a classless society where we all get to live in harmony with each other, where we're all equal. If you only understood that you wouldn't be so much worse of a person than I am. So please vote Democrat. Help me help you, you worthless motherfuckers.

Sincerely,

An educated human

Edited by kiwii
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

Username: chino

Comment: kinda concerned with how half the interview felt like she was deflecting questions or being vague, especially when asked about specifics in policies.

who goes on a state-wide broadcast to talk about her campaign then is given the floor and goes "actually nah nevermind not on TV"? Don't need a candidate that feels like she's improvising when it comes to our communities