Warrant handling within faction

3 hours ago, JayPeezy said:

Conflict of interest. No from me, as a personal stand point.

^ This. A door for biased warrants putting illegal rpers at an unfair disadvantage should not be opened because JSA lacks non SD/PD members. JSA should instead seek recruiting and training more people.

3 hours ago, Kari said:

idk why admins can do faction search warrants after 60 minutes but judges can't do faction warrants after multiple days. 

both are conflicts of interest; in both situations, players are put into roles of trust and there's a direct appeal system if that trust is expected to be abused, as well as guidelines in the first place to prevent such abuse. 

don't see the difference. 

An admin’s duty is to oversee a search warrant being executed while a judge signs or rejects a warrant, that’s a big difference

• Upvote 2

no from me.

let jsa hire more people. prioritize the important warrants over the ones that dont need immediate action. find solutions that do not involve COI. remember that leo factions house 500 players while jsa maybe 5-10 active at most. im not a fan of how search warrants are executed fast asf compared to breakins either. its unfair.

• Upvote 2

+1

I was waiting four days for an urgent search warrant in which JSA members were paged. IMO we either find a way like this in order for warrants to actually be handled. 

There has been a history with admins favoring different factions on an ooc level but I believe we're past that point. If admins are allowed to go past the conflict of interest why can't judges that have alts in other legal factions? We need to have more faith in our playerbase.

I believe a good middle ground is that if there is an SD detective bureau member with a judge alt that they cannot handle warrants from other detectives.

Edited by Now You See Me

If someone is accepting shitty warrants from their own faction because of some kind of bias, it would come back to them with ease. 

They are not approving their own warrants, they're approving other faction members warrants.

Give people a bit of trust rather than thinking everyones whack.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Jaz said:

If someone is accepting shitty warrants from their own faction because of some kind of bias, it would come back to them with ease. 

They are not approving their own warrants, they're approving other faction members warrants.

Give people a bit of trust rather than thinking everyones whack.

Basically this, its a common theme on the server to dog on people and assume everyone is out to fuck each other over when the reality is only a small percentage of players have that ill intent. It’s a +1 for me on the suggestion, judges are gonna be biased if you’re friends with them anyway and the same thing can be said about admins handling warrant executions. As long as the judges approving or denying warrants of their own faction are held accountable when they fuck up, this should go through, the logs are easy to find. 

5 hours ago, Invictus said:

no from me.

let jsa hire more people. prioritize the important warrants over the ones that dont need immediate action. find solutions that do not involve COI. remember that leo factions house 500 players while jsa maybe 5-10 active at most. im not a fan of how search warrants are executed fast asf compared to breakins either. its unfair.

I agree with this.

There's too much risk of conflict of interest. -1. 

10 hours ago, CYCOSOCIAL said:

UPMOk2e.png

This is the current state of the backlog, by the way. There's about five warrants not yet handled underneath this screenshot and around 4 above. That's not to even mention the rest of the current LEO factions on the server.

That's not the "backlog" per-say.

The current "backlog" is around 25 warrants, whereas ~10 are bugged and can't be removed from the list and 6 have not been responded to by the requesting officer, after being asked something by the handling judge.

And what people don't understand is, even if it's a conflict of interest, everything comes out in court the latest when all the evidence ends up being revealed and reviewed. I am yet to see cases being made public where judges have actually been biased towards their own faction.

As a member of JSA for around 2.5 years now, I would go as far as saying that judges in the faction are what they're supposed to be; impartial. I've already denied warrants that were posted by friends of mine in legal factions and so did others.

Edited by Airwalk
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, CYCOSOCIAL said:

JSA also doesn't want us paging them constantly

That's because we get paged for evading warrants that people try to label as "time sensitive" and try justifying it by saying "I want to catch the guy tonight". These things happen a lot more frequently than people think and they get very boring and tedious. Warrants that are actually time sensitive, such as on-scene search warrants etc are always being handled on time, as you yourself have witnessed.

21 hours ago, Timzii said:

a lot of the times these things are time sensitive, +1

I refer to my reply to cyco.

6 hours ago, Gamble said:

A door for biased warrants putting illegal rpers at an unfair disadvantage should not be opened because JSA lacks non SD/PD members. JSA should instead seek recruiting and training more people.

Judges are accountable just as much as anyone else is and I would go as far as to say that they're probably held to the highest standard of all legal factions in general. If they accept shitty warrants, it will come out eventually.

And it's also not as black and white as saying "JSA should hire more people". You understand how niche this is and the level of knowledge that's required to be involved in this role? Not many people can or want to do it. Our recruitment is open indefinitely, we provide people with all sorts of manuals etc on our forums, but for some people it's still just too much to take on.

Edited by Airwalk