Crime Restrictions in "The Hills"

Message added by sevo,

A polite message to all forum users to remain courteous with their replies in this thread. Violations of the common courtesy rule will be met with forum warnings. Thank you.

18 minutes ago, CupcakeCow said:

Honestly, the points being made about playerbase limitations and the whole part were we don’t want people to be stuck with 0 rp if all they do is guard on their own it is really a shame to see people so ignorant to these points alone in the whole thread, even the parts where we have said we have no issues with crime in general- just the poorly exectued rushed ones that give no depth to roleplay. It’s like people just keep tunnel visioning without reading the full context of things and screaming IC ISSUE. 

To be fair, you could hire private security to be around when having outdoor events or outdoor RP within the properties. You would be giving them RP as they would be present, with you. As for the dates that you aren't outside or available? Installing security systems solves that problem.

23 minutes ago, Moonsong said:

If you can even get one, because apparently living with the threat of constant robbery ain't a 'good cause' to obtain a license.  It is a little silly.

Then lie IC on the application and say it's for hunting. Not particularly rocket science man.

5 minutes ago, DLimit said:

To be fair, you could hire private security to be around when having outdoor events or outdoor RP within the properties. You would be giving them RP as they would be present, with you. As for the dates that you aren't outside or available? Installing security systems solves that problem.

But as many of us said, we have the security systems in place and have paid top prices for those said security systems - point beyond that is it’s oocly just not able to be helped because of the ooc limitation side of things around it.

Security for parties is not a bad idea at all though! But honestly? I would hope a full on party of say 10+ people someone wouldn’t be dumb enough to try and mug people 😂

7 minutes ago, CupcakeCow said:

But as many of us said, we have the security systems in place and have paid top prices for those said security systems - point beyond that is it’s oocly just not able to be helped because of the ooc limitation side of things around it.

Security for parties is not a bad idea at all though! But honestly? I would hope a full on party of say 10+ people someone wouldn’t be dumb enough to try and mug people 😂

The way I'm seeing it, you could have Vinewood Hills-style security in the same way that it exists for U.L.S.A.

Work with your neighbors and hire a company or group that's specifically designed to protect Vinewood Hills, and through your combined efforts, you can out-buy security agents by combining your wealth into one. Create a whole R.P. community hub around the Vinewood Hills to ensure that it has enough activity to make it RPly rewarding, as-well.

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 2

As I see it, people will always target areas that, don't get a lot of activity Law Enforcement wise - Take Chumash for example, my character owns a house there and recently theres been a lot more house robberies, car robberies etc there. I don't think theres a blanket resolution for this. Lots of Law Enforcement live in the area. But, houses still get robbed, even if you have a takehome (Or in terms of canine units for PD(?)) sat outside.

It's not an IC issue because this can happen anywhere on the map just simply because theres not enough playerbase to ensure every part of the map is populated to the point it'd deter criminal activity (E.g. tourist spots being populated to the point criminals would roleplay fear). 

Prior, a group of six I was in has been approached to be robbed by two people...So, I think there's an issue that needs addressing. But, I think it needs to be a mix of IC and OOC solution.

Edited by Jorgensen
  • Upvote 1
  • Gore locked this topic