911 Script

Triple Seven

Short description: Remove the adaptive script from 911 dispatch

Detailed description: When you call 911 in real life you get a dispatcher on the line that asks you what's going on, where and guides you through the situation while managing a response. Since this is impossible to implement players doing 24/7 there's a script in place. This script however has been overdeveloped to a point where it's nothing but annoying and doesn't really add to anything, because the location and situation are enough for PD and FD to respond to. It's also far from accurate in determining what situation it's dealing with, which is why I suggest removing it, to prevent the dispatcher asking about a fire when shots are fired or asking if the gun is loaded when you report gunshots.

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? The dispatcher right now is a dumb robot, removing immersion by asking the wrong information, a simple location and description should be enough in a script, for more details you'd need a human dispatcher.

Additional information: N/A

Edited by Triple Seven
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Velora said:

I agree!  As of now the script is broken any time you mention certain keywords. Gun.. I think Fire.. etc.. all cause it to ask a bunch of questions that get all messed up.

Not to mention that some of the answers appear before your answer, like you type something and the dispatch answer shows up before yours in chat.. 

The current script is rather stupid on the manner of how it works.

Rather than a scripted conversation like we have now, just have an open-ended prompt after you give the location, such as:

"911, what's your location?"

Mirror Park.

"Describe what's happening for me."
A guy is beating another guy with a bat.

I think the biggest issues come in with the additional questions prompted from certain words; the script tries to get closer to realism, but ends up being more restrictive and frustrating than anything else. Having a location is important, but having the rest segmented so badly is a holdover from when our character limit was much lower - we could probably do away with that.

Edited by Smilesville

Yeah I don't have a clue why the extra information is included for the caller, but not the emergency services. It really doesn't make any sense.

This is what we receive, basically what @Smilesville suggested, none of that additional information:

unknown.png

How-ever a new 911 system is, or was, or will be, developed in the future as per this forwarded suggestion: 

Edited by Cobra