Enforce Stricter Rules on GTA:W Economy Conversion Rate or Get Rid of It

11 hours ago, mochii said:

I disagree that it works (obviously) because someone can have one food item in their normal restaurant that's 100 dollars in the server, then if i go to another place, the same food item is 500 dollars. there's a common argument of "it's too messed up, leave it be." But that's such a killer to progress. We might as well keep everything the way it is if we go down that rabbit hole.

All the same, thank you for your input! I appreciate it 🤗

I mean, not particularly. 

Functionally, the difference between paying 100 & 500 dollars for 90% of characters won't break the bank. It's a little dumb, but, enforcing it would be a lot of work likely put on the hands of the already overworked Property Management team. I feel like it's a small enough issue that it, in and of itself, doesn't matter too much. 

As far as an economy revamp goes, when I say that it's too messed up - I mean that there's absolutely 0 chance of a full economy wipe & revamp, which would be the only true way to make a dollar = a dollar. And all of the small improvements that could be made are pretty useless without a full revamp. Sure, you could make a sandwich cost less, but that only hurts the business owners - some of whom struggle already. You could make cars be 20-100k, but that benefits people with insane amounts of script money. You could make jobs pay less - but, again, none of this is super duper useful unless you also wipe assets. Sure, it can fix the issue "going forward" but a LOT of players, if not the majority, have a surplus of script cash. If you started paying them 1-2k per week instead of 50, and chalked down prices across the board to boot, they'd still be sat on hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars to take advantage of these price decreases. 

In the absolutely lack of a economy wipe, I don't think you can really do much with prices. Perhaps items here and there could be adjusted, and limitations could be put on food items and the like, but in order to truly fix it, people have to start from square 0, which simply will not happen unless a critical database error /forces/ it to happen, or GTA 6 comes out. 

This is a specific take I've applied specifically to the economy, in no means do I believe we should leave most anything else be because it's too fricked up, that is a killer to progress - just, in this specific case, what can you really do? 

Edited by Kari

If the server was realistic, then sandwiches would cost roughly $2,000 because people earn $4,000 an hour in the workplace. Sandwiches, these days, cost anything in-between $6-$18. So, some sandwiches being $100 and others being $500 is fair knowing that the minimum wage is $4,000 an hour.

Not the MOST realistic, but it makes sense. 

On 8/4/2023 at 11:45 PM, frost. said:

leave the economy as it is

its not possible to fix the economy, the server is too far deep to even try and fix the economy.

just wont work

This really. It's impossible to make the economy work 1:1 as it does in real life I'm afraid. Some things like salaries simply wouldn't convert, as you'd have to work years IRL time to be able to afford basic necessities like a house.

Edited by Jacooob