The Corpse Problem

zaXer.

1 hour ago, Chaozuo said:

You're pressed bro, Walk outside, Take a breather.

PD saying that they have 0 interest in Corpse calls as it provides no oppurtunity to roleplay aside from a couple of pre-written /me lines.

Welcome to the world of:

-Mechanics

-Gruppe Six guards

- Store Clerks

-Bartenders

-Truckers

-Food Vendors

- Public Works

And I'm sure i've missed some.

And great you're gonna say well "don't apply for those roles" - Surely the same would apply to yourselves and PD then no ? All of the above jobs have fun and shitty parts, but without a mechanic you're not gonna be able to spend your PD wage on getting your jubilee's painted with big ol' rims. (A seperate issue) However we enjoy making other people do boring shit, But only when it positively impacts yourself ? 

Next time police arrest me as an illegal RP'er I'm just going straight to /b and cancelling the arrest as it doesn't provide me with any quality RP. Or we can get into a chase and if you guys win I'll do the same thing.  I call 991 for a question and never get a response, At all, I call 911 for the same question, Get a response and then arrested for misusing an emergency hotline, Make it make sense...

OOCl'y Attacking criminal RP'ers for shooting first and not developing their characters correctly literally provides no substance to this debate, That's exactly the same as what LEO's are doing by ignoring these bodies ? (ignoring the boring shit and focusing on the fun shit)

Plain and simply, RP as a leo and act like one or alternatively hop out of the fac and go RP as something else. Or even better, Get the coroners to start advertising consistently again in order to get people on board with Coroner RP, Delegate your shite workload that you don't want to do, Facilitate the growth in a department meaning you can focus on the fun shit.

G6 Guards I can tell you 9/10 would love to be mobbing around shooting at people and spending there whole time doing fun shit, But instead choose to guard businesses, Conduct installs and provide a positive impact on the server which otherwise likely wouldn't be filled, They chose G6 for the character development and therefore RP the roles accordingly, The RP might be boring but it has a positive impact server wide, The same goes for truckers, Trucking companies provide a substantial benefit to the servers economy, Fill a labour gap for a hell of a lot of people, And ultimately provide components to half of the server, And yet the jobs boring as hell... Maybe LEO's should start focusing on the fact that there is a serverwide impact to the ignorance to RP certain things based on them being boring, Yet once again it falls down to " We don't want to RP that part of our job so can you remove it from the server please ?"

I'm not saying that world should feel like a grind and everyones been at the point in world where it does and you have no interest in it, But saying that you don't want to RP it cause its boring and provides no beneficial RP is a joke, When everyone else is still meant to RP bodies being all over the gaff. Corpse's can stay, LEO's or coroners need to change to facilitate the new part of the script and work with what you've been given, Rather than removing a whole new aspect of RP for Criminal RP because its boring for you lot to deal with.

Spot on

42 minutes ago, joshua said:

hey bud, i dont quite think i'm going to bother reading the reply of someone who "portrays" harvey brooks. have a good night tho

As I said, Pressed bro.

If you ever feel elite in this server just remember we've got the same amount of bans my brother. Don't go acting like the king of RP when you have actively admitted ignoring others RP as it isn't fun for you. 

If you can't think of a decent reply cause you know I'm right, Just say that, Until then stay pressed my man, Your last 5 posts have just been jabs at people personally cause you're pressed and can't accept that admitting that you don't RP certain things on an RP server isn't the best way to go about change.

Sidenote, If you got a problem with my portrayal, RPQM exists for a reason. Not that you've RP'ed with harvey since you raided him when you worked for FLD, Might actually report for a void on that as I didn't enjoy the RP.

Have a great night.

• Upvote 3
6 hours ago, Tmthn678 said:

This is disheartening to read.

On an IC level, police should be immediately responding to these dead bodies due to the blatantly obvious - It's a dead, decaying corpse in the middle of the street. If we took this at face value, there would be rotting, foul smelling bodies covering the streets. .The smell would be almost unbearable and leave the city nearly uninhabitable. 

That being said, on an IC level, these need to be treated with the respect they deserve in regards to the circumstance - It's a dead body laying in the middle of the street, and should be treated as such, not shoved off because you don't get an incentive to do it, with the justification of "Oh this isn't realistic." - We are on an roleplay server, in which everything is to be treated in an IC manner and roleplayed as such, and we should not simply ignore or self-void things. 

However, I am not doing this to bash or attack you in any matter, just to point out a near-paradox the server encounters, because in a situation with a city THIS dangerous, there would realistically be MUCH more police, damn near even deploying the military, to combat this issue, however, not many players want to RP as law enforcement as due as illegals. I agree, shootings happen FAR more often on here than in real life, exponentially in fact, so I do agree with you that there should be a way to throttle down how many constantly show up, if not have a set despawn timer on the bodies, in order to balance out what is realistic, manageable, and to avoid these bodies becoming a redundant chore for PD & SD to deal with. 

I know you're trying to be respectful, but I'm going to lay this out in the bluntest way I can.

'Realism' does not work in LS. Realism cannot exist in a setting where 'only 40 bodies' are dropped daily, and every single day a LEO on the streets is probably going to stop at 2 or 3 dead body calls, several high speed pursuits and their daily shootout. That is not a realistic environment. It is not an environment in which a character can have a realistic value of life and death. Expecting, hell, demanding First Responder players (I'm including FD and PBMC here) to seriously give each casualty the respect you would IRL is akin to asking a soldier in a warzone to feel bad every time they see a corpse. Because that's the situation LS is in, it's not a city, it's a warzone. This server better emulates the day to day life of Kabul and the surrounding countryside than it does a modern American city.

People need to stop shooting. I know I can speak with a lot of LEORPers when I say we would be fucking ecstatic if we could go a while without the daily shootouts/high speed pursuits. It means I could do what I actually prefer doing, community policing and traffic enforcement instead of getting called to the latest mass-casualty event on Jamestown Street where the most RP I'm going to get is having to tell people to get back from the yellow tape like a fucking robot.

But that's not gonna happen. And I know it's not gonna happen. So all I'm doing is blowing smoke out of my ass again while people bitch about how I'm not doing my job right and call me a lazy sack of shit. It's like I'm back in college working at Chick Fil A all over again.

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, Barbary said:

It means I could do what I actually prefer doing, community policing and traffic enforcement instead of getting called to the latest mass-casualty event on Jamestown Street where the most RP I'm going to get is having to tell people to get back from the yellow tape like a fucking robot.

Should've been a Firefighter. Jamestown kids ask to take pictures holding a hose and wearing a firefighter helmet, try to smoke crack inside our Engine, and we discuss the YNW Melly case with them on the way to the hospital.

But overall, I agree with the sentiment. It's hard to show the appropriate level of reverence for the dead when it's a secret to everybody on scene that that particular death is not impactful in the slightest and that in fact, the character is elsewhere happily doing whatever. This isn't exclusive to LEOs on scene either, most the time a random PKed gang member is given a token amount of mourning before the rest on scene just kinda walk on like "it is what it is". Is it OOC interference? For sure, but when your time is limited and your attention is required constantly, we have to juggle our resources.

Edited by Koko
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, FatCatTuxedo said:

There was under 40 bodies yesterday, half of which were in hidden places. So that leaves you 20 calls between PD and SD, surely thats not difficult to handle?

I've logged nearly every single body between July 12, 2023, 9:51 PM and Friday, July 14, 2023, 12:05:12 AM - It was 159 bodies... in a 26-hour period.

Not all of these were homicides, but 337 fragmentations were recovered in those 159 bodies, 103 of which were unique guns. 

I'm not a homicide detective anymore, and I frankly adore scams, all of my current case files are scams/fraud. It's a joy to work with. My issue in investigating every single body is that there is little to no investigation in the majority of bodies. No leads, no evidence, no witnesses, no emotion, no guilt, nothing. Just stone-cold (M)urderers. 

There's also no system that clearly differentiates CKs versus PKs, I'd much rather spend my time and energy on a case if I knew the player truly suffered a loss more than respawning at the hospital, and there was an actual gap in that character's roleplay, friends, employer, etc as they were now missing. 

EDIT: Here's my data, scraped from the morgue:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LHMs1pU_ZQLcckxJvLMG03sMccxmOwP3tygDQpuhT2Y/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Samuel
  • Upvote 9
  • Applaud 7

OK. At some point guys, we have to factor in the point that this is a video game.

We all like portraying the things we enjoy, whether that's a police officer working out of south central, or a SWAT operator stationed in East LS, or a station canine handler working out of Paleto Bay Sheriff's Station.  

And we understand that if you do these things, there are standards. Frankly, I've learnt that factions hold themselves to very high standards, especially those irreplaceable; such as SD, PD, etc, versus the uncommon (yet all so common) standard we experience in-game along the way (evident in the reason behind this thread [r.e. DM = corpse overload]).

You have to understand that we are staring at screens for hours, text RP is very slow but the time passes rather quickly because we're locked in.

As human beings, we have lives beyond the game. We need to eat, take care of family and friends, go to work, school, university, and do all sorts of things.

Regarding the issue of multiple bodies being found in one day in the game, it's not a realistic expectation for LEA factions to act as clean-up crews.

While we do our best to investigate, sometimes there are no leads or scripts to support it, and players often respawn at the hospital, making it less impactful.

Considering this, how can we expect our characters to realistically interact with all of these bodies?

--> "Oh no, someone died... anyway." OR --> [Insert emotional/realistic outlook to witnessing death before you, in full vision]

In conclusion, let's remember that this is ultimately a video game, and we should have fun with it. We choose the roles we want to play, but speaking to each other as if we're meant to be some sort of government evidence clean-up crew with all the gear and not a scintilla of emotional depth is just ridiculous. We should strike a good balance between immersive RP and the understanding that it's all for fun and entertainment. To start with, the dude who wrote about CK'd corpses and how we should have them left in-game until they're sorted out by another player, seems like he's on the right track in what we all want. I'm sure we can all appreciate and respect this as a step one to our problem solver.

In truth, I only ask that the devs consider this option, as it'd make everyone happier! 🙂 

21 hours ago, Twentybyte said:

Corpses should only be permanent if they're a CK.

PKs should lead to temporary corpses (no longer than an hour) and despawn afterwards.

There's hundreds of bodies a day, when IMO there should be more like a dozen.

Edited by LAGhost
  • Upvote 8
  • Applaud 1

If bodies are staying, let's make casings and blood stay too. I think the amount of people dying will decrease slightly knowing bodies don't disappear on reset now but once people figure out a dead body has essentially no evidence on it people will start killing indiscriminately again. If you aren't caught in the act of murder and didn't leave your own blood on scene (even then...) you basically got away with murder.