Remove FLD, re-write the exam.

79-hours for you to obtain a firearm that you can conceal. What's the rush? The FLD team work tirelessly, and are a sub-section within the LSPD. 

What are you expecting, instant processing of an application by a robot to allow anyone, and everyone to obtain firearms? 

There's a reason that it takes so long. It's to prevent the above from happening. 

I hold no grudge to anyone, much less have a CCW myself, but if there could be an improvement made to the system than I would prefer that. Many of my friends have complained that the exam is total horsesh!t, so yeah, look into that I suppose.

+1

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Peak. said:

79-hours for you to obtain a firearm that you can conceal. What's the rush? The FLD team work tirelessly, and are a sub-section within the LSPD. 

What are you expecting, instant processing of an application by a robot to allow anyone, and everyone to obtain firearms? 

There's a reason that it takes so long. It's to prevent the above from happening. 

It took more than a month though? 

17 minutes ago, Akio said:

I don’t know if that’s a bad thing or not honestly. How would you feel knowing that you enter a bar 8 out of 10 people inside have a CCW just because the system was easy to have a license? I get we’re RP based on US laws and some of the US constitution where weapons are easy to come by. But on GTAW I rather not have it where we’re a Marshall law state where everyone is armed with a CCW. That’s just my view point. However staying on topic, there’s no need to remove FLD. However I could speak with their division leader who I knew was in absence due to a situation beyond their control who is back now. 

Again, when every illegal char can have a gun in less than 2 days it becomes literally a way to kill legal rp. Why does my char have to become a punching bag? And even then most of those people won't even have a CCW due to legal trouble or other factors. 

Just now, Barbary said:

Whether FLD needs reforms or not is another topic but I have never seen a server where a lack of firearms licensing authority is a net positive. 

LFM can at the least take over the re-writing of the exam? As their current exam has wrong questions left and right and they did nothing to change it for quite a while? 

6 minutes ago, NickyW said:

I don't have an issue with FLD per se but I do think the good cause requirement is borderline OOC poor portrayal (and thus isn't an IC issue,) considering the country we RP in has deemed it unlawful.

Exactly. If we are rping in the US, Good Cause is literally against Second Amendment. It isn't an ic issue either. It's been tried to be changed before. It was blocked. 

2 hours ago, BullChan said:

The wait times are also absurd. I just had to wait 79 hours. This is unacceptable for ANY legal faction. 

I've never waited longer than 12 hours for anything FLD related to be handled.

The exam is fairly easy too, no issues on my end with it.

Edited by dodGE

Silly suggestion to make in the rules section, and seems more like an angry, somewhat delusional rant than anything, especially having read some of your other replies. (You remember when FLD wasn't a "faction?" You remember that things were better when they didn't exist? Really? I guess I do too, since they never have been a faction, but they've been a division of the LSPD for... ever. Not sure why you thought such a blatant lie would help your suggestion / argument?)

Not everything will always go your way, nor is any other person who plays on the server supposed to wait hand and foot in making your virtual firearms license applications any quicker. I'm sure there are dozens of other people who are applying at the same time, at any given time. Automating the process is just silly in regards to how easy it would be to abuse, and removes a function of roleplay from other people. So -1.

• Upvote 4
  • Reece? locked this topic