Remove FLD, re-write the exam.

I don't believe in FLD as well as many people in the community. I think we really need to look into an admin intervention. LFM can re-write the exam and handle it with an automated system rather than what FLD has going for them. They are only there to gatekeep CCW and at this point no one trusts them. I really think we can benefit greatly from a whole change. Meaning just leaving FLD behind. The wait times are also absurd. I just had to wait 79 hours. This is unacceptable for ANY legal faction. 

• Upvote 6
  • Applaud 3

This seems more of a personal rant more than a meaningful suggestion. 

FLD has been around for as many ages as I can remember. You can’t always forget that said people and there’s multiple in the division (no im not defending them) but they are real people too. But you need to consider IRL taken presidency in most cases so of course wait times might be longer than usual.

full automation of the process is not the way to go. Otherwise we’d have everyone with a PF/CCW if that’s the case. 

• Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, Akio said:

This seems more of a personal rant more than a meaningful suggestion. 

FLD has been around for as many ages as I can remember. You can’t always forget that said people and there’s multiple in the division (no im not defending them) but they are real people too. But you need to consider IRL taken presidency in most cases so of course wait times might be longer than usual.

full automation of the process is not the way to go. Otherwise we’d have everyone with a PF/CCW if that’s the case. 

I remember a time when they weren't a faction and everything was much better. I think their creation was caused by a general distrust and there is no reason for it. If people are using their legal guns for bad reasons, ban those people. Don't punish a whole community and gatekeep. 

4 minutes ago, BullChan said:

I remember a time when they weren't a faction and everything was much better. I think their creation was caused by a general distrust and there is no reason for it. If people are using their legal guns for bad reasons, ban those people. Don't punish a whole community and gatekeep. 

They have never been a faction and still are not a faction. It's a division within LSPD, as it always has been.

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, BullChan said:

You’re clearly misinformed. It has always been a division. None the less full automation isn’t the way to go especially with all the ChatGP and AI assistance these days that can type up a nice formal reason as to why they want a CCW or PF.  Again there needs to be some form of human interaction with the process to critique etc. as for the exam I can’t speak on it as I don’t know how it is.  But yeah, no removing the division won’t help your case. 

2 minutes ago, BullChan said:

Then perhaps we should look into making them more helpful as in maybe providing people training? Their current stats is bad. More than half the people who attempt to get a CCW can't get it with 0 reason. 

I don’t know if that’s a bad thing or not honestly. How would you feel knowing that you enter a bar 8 out of 10 people inside have a CCW just because the system was easy to have a license? I get we’re RP based on US laws and some of the US constitution where weapons are easy to come by. But on GTAW I rather not have it where we’re a Marshall law state where everyone is armed with a CCW. That’s just my view point. However staying on topic, there’s no need to remove FLD. However I could speak with their division leader who I knew was in absence due to a situation beyond their control who is back now. 

• Reece? locked this topic