Anyone else feel the latest update has killed the drug scene?

3 hours ago, WeBrim said:

not sure what ur talking about pal there is 0 chance MOST drug addicts have legal day jobs. 

You either don't know what you're talking about or are from latvia/romania, no inbetween.

Without going away from the subject too much, you got a lot of addicts working Taco Bell, gas stations and other fast food high off oxy and xans daily. There are various addicts in the US working day jobs part time or full time, there's a major drug epidemic especially on opioids, stating that addicts don't work is very false. It would be the same as saying every homeless are unemployed.

EDIT:

There's a whole bunch of videos out there for you to see how bad it gets.

Edited by Peruvian Flake
  • Upvote 3

Most people in every job I had in my early twenties were on drugs on the job every day while also selling drugs on the side and a fair share of them had radical leaning political ink.

Regardless of that, reading your numbers, I'm assuming you're a 4-man operation re: pills? Now pre-nerf you're saying that was 750 pills per 2 weeks, or 1500 pills a month, off of a 4 person operation. If on average, for the sake of simplicity we get 750 players a night (some more, some less), that'd mean that these 4 people would single-handedly be cooking roughly 2 pills a month for every player on the server. To me that's quite a lot considering there's likely a few other people also producing these quantities with their own schemes.

Now preface with me not having been involved with the drug trade IC for a long time (so correct me wherever), but this server has for years had a problem in some circles of the drug meta being basically "produce as much as you can and bulk sell it to factions until they trickle that down to their footsoldiers and see who gets stuck with them selling an 8 ball here and there" or "pass it to other factions in bulk in a game of hot potato and see who ends up with a batch of drugs they can't sell". 

I think reducing the volume of drugs from what it used to be is personally a good idea, considering that in the past you just saw insufficient demand from consumers while the market kept being flooded with product month after month. That's good for suppliers that are selling bulk, but the market at that point just kept getting inflated with drugs to the point that street level plugs were making pennies on drugs. Now at least every time I've bought drugs on any character the price has gone up a bit, which is good imho since I want hood characters to be able to RP that fantasy of getting money with it. At the end of the day it seemed that the end goal of the drug supply was to sell drugs to footsoldiers that often get killed off relatively quick and are often using their starter money for them anyway.

I think less drugs being produced ultimately should in theory lead to focus on closer relationships with factions buying from suppliers. The factions that get rid of their drugs quick and ask for more will get priority. Might be that 260 pills a month is too little, considering you also want to RP your own use and RP with the drugs you make, but there has to be a middle ground between 260 and 1500 pills a month, honestly.

• Upvote 3
4 hours ago, Koko said:

Most people in every job I had in my early twenties were on drugs on the job every day while also selling drugs on the side and a fair share of them had radical leaning political ink.

Regardless of that, reading your numbers, I'm assuming you're a 4-man operation re: pills? Now pre-nerf you're saying that was 750 pills per 2 weeks, or 1500 pills a month, off of a 4 person operation. If on average, for the sake of simplicity we get 750 players a night (some more, some less), that'd mean that these 4 people would single-handedly be cooking roughly 2 pills a month for every player on the server. To me that's quite a lot considering there's likely a few other people also producing these quantities with their own schemes.

Now preface with me not having been involved with the drug trade IC for a long time (so correct me wherever), but this server has for years had a problem in some circles of the drug meta being basically "produce as much as you can and bulk sell it to factions until they trickle that down to their footsoldiers and see who gets stuck with them selling an 8 ball here and there" or "pass it to other factions in bulk in a game of hot potato and see who ends up with a batch of drugs they can't sell". 

I think reducing the volume of drugs from what it used to be is personally a good idea, considering that in the past you just saw insufficient demand from consumers while the market kept being flooded with product month after month. That's good for suppliers that are selling bulk, but the market at that point just kept getting inflated with drugs to the point that street level plugs were making pennies on drugs. Now at least every time I've bought drugs on any character the price has gone up a bit, which is good imho since I want hood characters to be able to RP that fantasy of getting money with it. At the end of the day it seemed that the end goal of the drug supply was to sell drugs to footsoldiers that often get killed off relatively quick and are often using their starter money for them anyway.

Might be that 260 pills a month is too little, considering you also want to RP your own use and RP with the drugs you make, but there has to be a middle ground between 260 and 1500 pills a month, honestly.

Your basically right about the whole concept, but it's how much RP is generated during this process which is truly what makes it worth it,,,, most junkies are simply unable to work man - there's two types of addicts, functioning addicts & none functioning addicts, you may of met a few functioning addicts & likewise so, but that's the 25%, the other 75% are busy grouching on a dirty mattress in an abandoned apartment out of sight.
And when non-functioning addicts get jobs? it probably ain't gonna last long at all.

And that's kind of what I'm getting at all in all, maybe halfling the amount of materials we get? fair enough - there's still enough to go around - but to take it from 1500 to 260 is just brutal truth be told, but it is what it is I guess, killed any motivation me and my friends had to play personally and going on what others have said on this I'm guessing we're not alone in feeling hard done by the situation

Wasn't just  one source of RP we lost from labs but, also chop shops got to bare that mind - hopefully IFM sees a more middle-ground approach would be better overall, but then again that's just my opinion, maybe it's super crucial the markets dictated by a small handful of people or something.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Ryoichi said:

I did like the amounts of drugs there was, makes for a lot of rp for legal characters, gives more chance to catch someone with drugs on them.

It used to be way easier to buy drugs as a legal rp'er like 1-2 months ago. Now it's tough, way harder than before. I suppose this little update has something to do with it, which is a bit of a bummer imo - it made drug rp more restricted (at least for me). The new tolerance script that sometimes makes your character die after using a single piece of some drug doesn't help too...

2 hours ago, TonyMontana12 said:

In my 3 years on the server, I legitimately never met an official supplier after looking high & low for consistent periods and roleplaying with a lot of different faces.

To be fair, they're supposed to be rare and hard to find. That's why there's generally a lot of middle-men who get their stuff from a supplier like that, and then sell the stuff they get there for a profit, like all drug dealers do IRL. People might have also just been hiding it for the sake of being outed/attacked, which might sound silly but is reasonable when you consider the rivality between people in dangerous areas.

12 hours ago, WeBrim said:

not sure what ur talking about pal there is 0 chance MOST drug addicts have legal day jobs. 

You either don't know what you're talking about or are from latvia/romania, no inbetween.

How do drug addicts get money then? Do you think that most drug addicts are hobos or criminals? Like how it is currently on GTA W?

• Upvote 1