Remove ability to /changechar when shot/bleeding for a few minutes (timer)

• Developer

I understand the issue @HappyGecko, but that will not help with solving it. Why? People can just do F1 -> connect again -> spawn, which does (almost) the same but takes ~20 seconds instead of ~2. People will find ways to abuse it anyway, and it will 'hurt' legit players.

It will be looked into, but I just told you why it will still be an issue. Best way to fight with those type of players is to just simply report them and wait for the punishment. I'll leave this as opened for further discussion.

• Upvote 3
33 minutes ago, 808Masterus said:

I understand the issue @HappyGecko, but that will not help with solving it. Why? People can just do F1 -> connect again -> spawn, which does (almost) the same but takes ~20 seconds instead of ~2. People will find ways to abuse it anyway, and it will 'hurt' legit players.

It will be looked into, but I just told you why it will still be an issue. Best way to fight with those type of players is to just simply report them and wait for the punishment. I'll leave this as opened for further discussion.

I get what you are saying, people can still disconnect. However! If we know their name and we /id them while actively looking for them and we do not see their name online? We instantly know that they logged to avoid and can follow up with a report. If someone changes char to spawn across the map, we will not know that unless we have other means to trace them. Meaning we'd keep looking until giving up, thinking they got away. Adding this timer will do a lot.

• Upvote 1

+1 cause it makes sense and helps illegal rp also.

Alternative option: make /changechar change your ID. Then we don't need the timer, you can tell if someone intentionally /changechar'd because their number changed.

That workaround would actually be GREAT because it also prevents creeps from doing /id /id /id to see what alt characters you change to..

Edited by Havana
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, HappyGecko said:

I get what you are saying, people can still disconnect. However! If we know their name and we /id them while actively looking for them and we do not see their name online? We instantly know that they logged to avoid and can follow up with a report. If someone changes char to spawn across the map, we will not know that unless we have other means to trace them. Meaning we'd keep looking until giving up, thinking they got away. Adding this timer will do a lot.

This is a great point.

+1