Remove Good Cause From CCW application

I personally don't mind that the good cause is a requirement for a CCW. I understand the points you're trying to make but honestly it's a good screening process for those who wish to obtain a CCW. It does take time and effort to obtain one but it's not impossible to get one. There's tons of players who have them. There was a huge amount of CCW misuse in the past so I guess this combats that issue.

1 hour ago, Shoot2Kill said:

I personally don't mind that the good cause is a requirement for a CCW. I understand the points you're trying to make but honestly it's a good screening process for those who wish to obtain a CCW. It does take time and effort to obtain one but it's not impossible to get one. There's tons of players who have them. There was a huge amount of CCW misuse in the past so I guess this combats that issue.

I don't think it should be the way to combat it however. I mean if there is a lot of misuse, I think PD and SD should be the ones to combat it in character. Not with a terrible ooc restrction like Good Cause. A restriction we can not fight with in character means I mind you. This is like saying a large amount of robberies are poorly done so we should have admins take a look at every robbery request. Which was denied so many times when I brought it up. 

How the hell can 'Good cause' exist in a city where cops get ambushed Afghanistan style in the streets and there's rooftop shooters with rifles every week?

Why do you need 'Good cause' ? The fact that we live in Iraq is cause enough, not to mention California was recently forced to take 'good cause' out.

It's a server restriction because admins don't want civilians having the means to fight back against criminal RPers. They want civilians to be cute little loot bags that criminals can punch until money/car keys/respect points come out.

This server's turned into a fucking MMO and a bad one at that.

Edited by OkLibrarian
On 7/11/2023 at 3:25 AM, OkLibrarian said:

How the hell can 'Good cause' exist in a city where cops get ambushed Afghanistan style in the streets and there's rooftop shooters with rifles every week?

Why do you need 'Good cause' ? The fact that we live in Iraq is cause enough, not to mention California was recently forced to take 'good cause' out.

It's a server restriction because admins don't want civilians having the means to fight back against criminal RPers. They want civilians to be cute little loot bags that criminals can punch until money/car keys/respect points come out.

This server's turned into a fucking MMO and a bad one at that.

I do have to say, speaking as someone who owns a faction in which many members have CCW's. They've been more lenient with the good cause applications. It's still the exam that is ridiculous and doesn't make any sense. Questions that hold no relevance to a concealed carry license. Trick questions, etc. I still believe anyone who supports the exam in its current state is nothing more but a bully trying to ruin peoples roleplay experience.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
On 6/24/2023 at 8:54 AM, Jeroen said:

Good Cause does not prevent you from getting a gun despite not being a criminal, because there's no Good Cause needed to obtain a PF license. All you need is a PF license to purchase guns, a CCW where a Good Cause is mandated is only there so you can conceal carry firearms.

I'm surprised that no one is roleplaying their modern cowboy fantasy outside of Los Santos, because you can just open carry a gun.

Good cause is unconstitutional and a direct violation of established supreme court rulings.

• Upvote 6
  • Applaud 1
13 hours ago, Martyn said:

I do have to say, speaking as someone who owns a faction in which many members have CCW's. They've been more lenient with the good cause applications. It's still the exam that is ridiculous and doesn't make any sense. Questions that hold no relevance to a concealed carry license. Trick questions, etc. I still believe anyone who supports the exam in its current state is nothing more but a bully trying to ruin peoples roleplay experience.

When I made a ticket I was told the exam would be changed. Don't know if they changed it but you know how things are. 🤷‍♀️

10 hours ago, Boland said:

Good cause is unconstitutional and a direct violation of established supreme court rulings.

Admins just voided the Supreme Court Ruling which was a bad decision. We are literally being punished oocly for a couple people using their CCW for bad. 

1 hour ago, BullChan said:

Supreme Court Ruling which was a bad decision

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47dbmank2c2v9ahmssm1b38z5y8a0av3gkf4julto3&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

NYSPRA v. Bruen states that it's unconstitutional.

Regardless of good cause or not, folks are going to make alts, and hand their 2 PFs out like candy every month when that buy period rolls around. It's going to happen regardless because some players on this server are too small brained to actually roleplay and would rather abuse the script/rules to get a gun so they can go DM under the guise of some slight that they're going out of their way to overreact to, then leading to a forum complaint or a 30 minute situation in game over a /report that ends with a ban or other related punishment that probably isn't enough to correct the behavior. The bigger issue is fixing the servers mentality on DM and guns, some folks see this as a cops and robbers server and it shows. 

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, ThatMuricanGuy said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47dbmank2c2v9ahmssm1b38z5y8a0av3gkf4julto3&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

NYSPRA v. Bruen states that it's unconstitutional.

Regardless of good cause or not, folks are going to make alts, and hand their 2 PFs out like candy every month when that buy period rolls around. It's going to happen regardless because some players on this server are too small brained to actually roleplay and would rather abuse the script/rules to get a gun so they can go DM under the guise of some slight that they're going out of their way to overreact to, then leading to a forum complaint or a 30 minute situation in game over a /report that ends with a ban or other related punishment that probably isn't enough to correct the behavior. The bigger issue is fixing the servers mentality on DM and guns, some folks see this as a cops and robbers server and it shows. 

Yeeah but I still think it should be a person to person basis rather than blocking a majority of the people with CCW Good Cause shenanigangs.