Relationship RP

Lucie

Relationship RP  

405 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it depends on the person. I typically don’t do any serious relationship RP unless it happens naturally through a way that progresses my characters story. However there also needs to be some form of connection oocly even on a casual speaking basis to make sure it’s sustainable.  

Call me the minority, but I’m not all about eradicating erp. If it happens between two consenting parties I see no problem with it. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Late said:

It's better if I avoid such RP for the most part. I can't have Rafi breaking all these womans hearts of having their other boyfriends coming to CK me. Shit is too stressful! 

Hey it's funny when there's eRP and we walk in witnessing the horrific scene.

Relationship/Family roleplay tend to be one of those things that aren't really necessary but can help with making things more life-like when fitting with the roleplay.  For instance my character she's got a sister who lives with her, a partner that she's very recently connected with after meeting while working together over time. It all adds to the development of the character in ways as they interact and grow. 

2 hours ago, Late said:

It's better if I avoid such RP for the most part. I can't have Rafi breaking all these womans hearts of having their other boyfriends coming to CK me. Shit is too stressful! 

Man I hear that, I'm on the same boat. Rafi's a charming motherfucker too, so I wouldn't blame all these women IC.

I don't go out of my way for Relationship RP, I tend to go where my character's story leads me. If two characters click it's cool to complement their character's stories. I find ERP kinda cringey but will go with it if the other player wants to do it.

I find a general relationship makes the server and roleplay more enjoyable. After all it is gta world and not sims 4. To an extent I will NPC certain relatives but I find if you want to push things in a more unexpected direction you should have a rp partner. I like where one character absolutely just uses people for her resource while the other wishes to be loved instead of loving herself. The different psychology makes it overall interesting. The only downfall is I meet people who take it very personally irl and have complicated everything. 

This has actually been somewhat an issue, if anything during my time on the server. The aim has largely been to form friendships, or very ordinary social circles through which any number of possible activities can take place.

Instead... it seems all of the relationships formed have been largely romantic pursuits that are not only a little too sudden to appreciate fully, they're so frequent that it has become difficult to really consider any specific one as a serious matter. It seems more like the relationships exist purely for an opportunity to date, rather than to just be friends.

Is this an opportunity for roleplay? Absolutely! It is a unique conflict that provides many interesting avenues through which a character can develope.

But after so many repeats...

• Upvote 1