BRAND VS. GTA LORE/NO BRAND clothing

Tennplugg

Just now, bidi bidi bom bom said:

Outrageous comments by the both of you. Branded clothing opens the door for more RP. RPing something without visuals doesn't always work out. Sounds nice in theory, big failure practically though and taking the brands off of ghoul's mods would kill parts of his pack as you can't just do that.

How does branded clothing open the door for more RP? You can already RP your clothing as branded items.

Sounds nice in theory, big failure

That's how I'd describe branded clothing.

as you can't just do that.

you can actually! mind blowing, I know. Again, it's a small part of his pack that incorperates branded clothing. 

Just now, Marksman said:

How does branded clothing open the door for more RP? You can already RP your clothing as branded items.

That's how I'd describe branded clothing.

you can actually! mind blowing, I know. Again, it's a small part of his pack that incorperates branded clothing. 

1. It opens the door for more RP because it actually exists, and there's variants of it. Pretty obvious to most if you ask me.

2. It's the truth, It sounds nice in theory for what you said, but it's a huge failure practically.

3. Obviously you can actually do it but it was an expression, that "you can't just do that!". Why? Because it kills parts of his modpack, you can't strip the tick from a nike shoe, or take the logo of a Lakers jersey, and all of these brands play a big part in roleplay for both the legal world and illegal underworld, so much you might be surprised that it actually impacts their roleplay by 25% if not more... gang roleplay is impacted by this more than 50%.

4 minutes ago, bidi bidi bom bom said:

Outrageous comments by the both of you. Branded clothing opens the door for more RP. RPing something without visuals doesn't always work out. Sounds nice in theory, big failure practically though and taking the brands off of ghoul's mods would kill parts of his pack as you can't just do that.

Text RP is literally about creating things and actions through text, should we not RP shaking someones hand because we can't actually see it happening? Why isn't there an outrage because we can't see someone shaking hands? Text RP is a vehicle for story telling, and the visuals only exist because we use gtav as a base. Hell text RP started as just that, text, imagination is the biggest driving factor in text RP. If you can't imagine someone wearing a Gucci shirt shit because it's not in the game, I have no idea how you imagine people shaking hands.

I'd also like to reiterate that implementing these clothing items is most certainly not worth the legal risk that comes with it, even if no legal action ever happens it's best not to risk it at all.

• Upvote 2
Just now, Torlo said:

Text RP is literally about creating things and actions through text, should we not RP shaking someones hand because we can't actually see it happening? Why isn't there an outrage because we can't see someone shaking hands? Text RP is a vehicle for story telling, and the visuals only exist because we use gtav as a base. Hell text RP started as just that, text, imagination is the biggest driving factor in text RP. If you can't imagine someone wearing a Gucci shirt shit because it's not in the game, I have no idea how you imagine people shaking hands.

I'd also like to reiterate that implementing these clothing items is most certainly not worth the legal risk that comes with it, even if no legal action ever happens it's best not to risk it at all.

Nobody's going to sue a server over anything like that, especially over a sports team, or a clothing brand that takes no notice of a server like this. LSRP had a thing with the Hells Angels faction and it was quickly handled and the president and his lawyer dropped it. Also, text rp is what you said, to an extent... but visuals are needed for clothing. You might aswell say let's make all characters naked but imagine they have clothes. No, it doesn't work like that.

1. It opens the door for more RP because it actually exists, and there's variants of it. Pretty obvious to most if you ask me.

2. It's the truth, It sounds nice in theory for what you said, but it's a huge failure practically.

3. Obviously you can actually do it but it was an expression, that "you can't just do that!". Why? Because it kills parts of his modpack, you can't strip the tick from a nike shoe, or take the logo of a Lakers jersey, and all of these brands play a big part in roleplay for both the legal world and illegal underworld, so much you might be surprised that it actually impacts their roleplay by 25% if not more... gang roleplay is impacted by this more than 50%.

I actually support having real-world brands in-game, but not keeping them tied to specific clothing items. It'd be great to see a compromise between both ideas in the form of blank clothes and optional decals that we can mix/match to create even more variants. That way people can have their lore-friendly stuff if they want, or real-world brands on modded/vanilla items. I'm preeeetty sure it's something that can easily be implemented into the server, seeing how Menyoo has HUNDREDS of decals available.

3 minutes ago, bidi bidi bom bom said:

Nobody's going to sue a server over anything like that, especially over a sports team, or a clothing brand that takes no notice of a server like this. LSRP had a thing with the Hells Angels faction and it was quickly handled and the president and his lawyer dropped it. Also, text rp is what you said, to an extent... but visuals are needed for clothing. You might aswell say let's make all characters naked but imagine they have clothes. No, it doesn't work like that.

Just because you personally say or think no one would file legal actions against GTAW doesn't mean it couldn't happen. A major part of copyright law is protecting your intellectual property, legally if a company notices their products and logos being used on a website or game that they did not approve and they choose not to take action that allows other people to use said logos in the same manner without any lawsuits. So if Gucci or whoever notice their logos being used on GTAW without any permission given from them, they HAVE to send a legal letter to GTAW informing them to cease and desist otherwise other games and websites will be able to legally use their logos without permission.

1 minute ago, Gryphboi said:

I actually support having real-world brands in-game, but not keeping them tied to specific clothing items. It'd be great to see a compromise between both ideas in the form of blank clothes and optional decals that we can mix/match to create even more variants. That way people can have their lore-friendly stuff if they want, or real-world brands on modded/vanilla items. I'm preeeetty sure it's something that can easily be implemented into the server, seeing how Menyoo has HUNDREDS of decals available.

This seems like a pretty neat compromise.

Just now, Torlo said:

Just because you personally say or think no one would file legal actions against GTAW doesn't mean it couldn't happen. A major part of copyright law is protecting your intellectual property, legally if a company notices their products and logos being used on a website or game that they did not approve and they choose not to take action that allows other people to use said logos in the same manner without any lawsuits. So if Gucci or whoever notice their logos being used on GTAW without any permission given from them, they HAVE to send a legal letter to GTAW informing them to cease and desist otherwise other games and websites will be able to legally use their logos without permission.

GTAW isn't its own game entity, nor is it some big high end business afaik... unless you know something I don't? ?

• Syrike locked this topic