[POLL] Would you pay "utilities"?

Bycarbon

Would you pay utilities?  

207 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey guys, how's it going?

I was writing up some character stories and plot ideas for roleplay, and I came to a thought I've been stuck on for quite some time. In the real world, houses and businesses are required to pay for utilities, like gas, water, sewage, hydro and other essential means of keeping your houses and businesses heated, running water and toilets working.

I was considering the possibility of creating a roleplay business that would take the idea of utilities and expand upon it by servicing homes and businesses water lines, power connections, phone lines and other things of the sort that all real world homes have. Although not currently a script-wise requirement, the question dawned on me.

Would you, a citizen of San Andreas, pay a private company for these inspections or connections as a way of realism at your own accord, although the roleplay would be mostly passive?

I believe it would create cool roleplay scenarios between home owner and the metaphorical business, as well as creating a new passage for everyone to roleplay. 

Put it like Fines on a car. You are on a service list and once a month (in game week / 2 weeks / month depending on the plan) you get a "Letter" in the mail to pay your utilities or be disconnected.

At current state, there is no script or supportive function to enable this RP other than passively, however, I believe, if enough people are on board with Realistic Roleplay, this could become a thing. Fees can range anywhere from $50 to $1000 depending on the size of the house and this would be determined by a home inspector based on the area, consumption, business type etc. I believe this could be made into a script like the Fine script which you are required to pay the bill or fight it in court. Whereas here, you are required to pay the bill or your power gets disconnected.

I know this is a bit mumbo-jumbo, but I think you get the idea.

So, to summarize into a question: Would you, as a Business or Home Owner, passively or legitimately, roleplay with a Utility Company and pay for realistic house bills at a tiny fee?

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

Personally, this is something I'd back. As an avid public utilities roleplayer I'd love for this to happen, even if it's not a bill to pay every month or so it'd be great to have someone maintaining and installing the utilities that keep the city running as I believe at present there isn't anyone doing this.

• Thanks 1

This is a great idea to be honest, could be tedious if you're a loser who doesn't like to roleplay but for those of us who want more incentives to go out and get money / rp it's great. Not to mention the vast amount of in character jobs it would cause to appear. Big support

I'm all for this, but my caveat to the current suggestion is simply that it be a default thing rolled into the tax system. If you want to pull further role-play out of the utilities, such as the ones outlined here, then that should absolutely exist as an option for interested parties. But I find it strange to be essentially taxing only the people who are most interested in generating more role-play.

15 minutes ago, Exploits said:

I'm all for this, but my caveat to the current suggestion is simply that it be a default thing rolled into the tax system. If you want to pull further role-play out of the utilities, such as the ones outlined here, then that should absolutely exist as an option for interested parties. But I find it strange to be essentially taxing only the people who are most interested in generating more role-play.

If done right, it could be worked into the Property Owned/Leased system. If you rent/lease or own, you pay utilities.

The way I want to roll it out is get people involved in paying "utilities" and once it's a proven concept and the roleplay is there, push for developers to implement it and factionize certain companies or work it how Trucking is now. Certain companies and businesses pay more, job market job pays less etc etc.

I will be posting a detailed outline of how I intend for it to work tomorrow ?

Edited by Zexar
1 hour ago, GIVR said:

This would just add even more realistic features to the server, I myself am a electrician and was thinking of bringing it into my RP. 

Please send me a PM or message me on Discord (Bycarbon#6545). I'd love to get some input and possibly get you in on the idea!

56 minutes ago, Captain said:

This is a great idea to be honest, could be tedious if you're a loser who doesn't like to roleplay but for those of us who want more incentives to go out and get money / rp it's great. Not to mention the vast amount of in character jobs it would cause to appear. Big support

I appreciate the support! I know it's going to be tedious for some, especially in the starting phases, but should it take off and work the way I plan, I believe it will make a change in GTAW, and a huge positive change at that, igven proper management, function and organizational properties.

I would support it if it lead to the creation of more varied roleplay.

I'd like to see construction companies actually have to roleplay being inspected by the state for their electrical work on a job site.

It would be great to see people forced to change their habits because the city has crews working on fixing a drainage pipe that burst near a major intersection.

I can think of many others but you get the gist of it.