• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Tennplugg

Should aim assist be considered as an advantage?

Frezemis    54
Just now, JustAnM43 said:

Except it is. The range is pretty solid and it turns your shit into a laser beam. I've done enough GTA shooting on consoles to realize it's fucking ridiculous. If people use keyboard and mouse to shoot, so should other people. No assists should be given.

Sticking with this. Not everyone is a skilled shooter but using something to assist you in a shooting is an advantage compared to others who aren't using something to help them assist, you've got something helping you shoot to kill the other party while the other party is using a keyboard and mouse. That's clearly an advantage on the other party.

Lucky    3
Just now, Jain said:

No, the controller’s aim assist actually makes sense and isn’t an instant headshottan infinirange cheat. 

What's the difference between that and an external aimbot set to shoot at body only then?

Jain    4
Just now, JustAnM43 said:

Except it is. The range is pretty solid and it turns your shit into a laser beam. I've done enough GTA shooting on consoles to realize it's fucking ridiculous. If people use keyboard and mouse to shoot, so should other people. No assists should be given.

A mouse is a laser beam too. If you put a skilled PC player versus a skilled Console player, who wins? The PC player. 

JustAnM43    106
Just now, Jain said:

A mouse is a laser beam too. If you put a skilled PC player versus a skilled Console player, who wins? The PC player. 

Thing is, if someone strafes which is often done on GTA V, you have to adjust your aim to it during a gunfight and there's a big chance you'll miss. Using a controller, that shit's on lock and all shots are on point. See what I'm getting at here?

Lmao    380

This video shows how OP aim assist is. It's lock-on.

DanneBRE    156

A mouse and keyboard will always beat someone using a controller. If you are not seriously bad at shooting/aiming that is.

Marksman    54
51 minutes ago, Jain said:

It’s not an advantage if the K+M ‘Marksman’ doesn’t suck.

thats totally irrelevant my dude.

Now you're just saying that it's fair to use controller aim assist so long as the person you're in a firefight against doesnt suck. What if they, too, suck? Now you have the advantage. Don't be a smoothbrain.

I used to absolutely plaster people using keyboard and mouse when using a control with lockon aiming in GTA:Online. 

Left trigger, flick up, instant headshot, was basically cheating. 

No doubt in my mind this shouldn't be allowed on a server like this.