Readjust paychecks

eTaylor

7 minutes ago, Late said:

Also in my country i don't think an hour of minimum wage pays for a packet of cigarettes here either...

If people have more money to spend I will certainly increase my kebab shop price but people buy my kebabs for the superior unique roleplay created in my kebab shop not because they have extra money they want to burn.

Still a no from me.

I don’t understand why an increase stimulus of $500 would suddenly increase your prices. As it stands now I’d have to first wait a few hours, and in turn a few days before even begin able to visit your kebab place. Having an adjusted paycheck would take that issue away.

3 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

I don’t understand why an increase stimulus of $500 would suddenly increase your prices. As it stands now I’d have to first wait a few hours, and in turn a few days before even begin able to visit your kebab place. Having an adjusted paycheck would take that issue away.

But you really don't have to wait for that long to even go anywhere, you start with enough money to get your driver's license and set up your character with the appropriate clothes and hairstyle or makeup, and by then you've probably recieved your first 5k paycheck, and let's say 500 of that goes to getting to the place, that starter money you get, the 200k is so you don't have to grind your ass off and can instead focus on RPing, and by the time you amounted the full 200k and you buy whatever it is you need, a basic car and an apartment, you'll be all about done wasting big amounts of cash, you can even get off with spending just about 100k to buy your property and vehicle. Money just isn't as needed, atleast if you don't plan to buy a trunk chuck full of drugs and guns.

The only job that seems to actually lack any R.P. opportunities is the fishing job. Other than that, you are capable of forming high-quality R.P. situations with every other job in the economy if you are creative with it. I've witnessed individuals claim that labouring at a gas station lacks any R.P.... Yet, you're capable of initiating conversations and forming connections while pumping a vehicle with gas.

The average entrance fee for any club is $250-$350 and a meal or beverage costs $100-$400. You're earning $4,000 an hour, minimum, while only spending $350-$750, minimum, at a typical player-owned business. It's perfectly fine.

Edited by DLimit
4 hours ago, Infinity said:

What if my hobby is dancing? Point out one person who would hire a dancer for their places (not a stripper), that I would make money off my hobby. What if I want to be a singer, a rapper, a musician. Point out one person that would hire me as such. And I'm talking about roleplaying that pretty much atleast 3-4 times a week. I don't want to roleplay being limited for an hour, getting little to no money out of it and still wonder how to make money roleplaying a normal character, without having to reserve to pushing drugs, guns, killing people or being forced to grind my ass off.

I had a character that made half a million on psychic tarot card readings. You're capable of functioning as a dancing instructor, acting instructor, Hip Hop teacher etc... There have been multiple music studios, film studios (Vinewood), yoga venues etc... that were seeking dancers, singers, actors etc... in the past.

I'd recommend creating one of these venues to facilitate roleplay in these areas.

3 minutes ago, Sammux said:

But you really don't have to wait for that long to even go anywhere, you start with enough money to get your driver's license and set up your character with the appropriate clothes and hairstyle or makeup, and by then you've probably recieved your first 5k paycheck, and let's say 500 of that goes to getting to the place, that starter money you get, the 200k is so you don't have to grind your ass off and can instead focus on RPing, and by the time you amounted the full 200k and you buy whatever it is you need, a basic car and an apartment, you'll be all about done wasting big amounts of cash, you can even get off with spending just about 100k to buy your property and vehicle. Money just isn't as needed, atleast if you don't plan to buy a trunk chuck full of drugs and guns.

I have everything I need for my character, it’s just that simply playing the game costs more money than you get playing it if you just roleplay.

3 minutes ago, DLimit said:

The only job that seems to actually lack any R.P. opportunities is the fishing job. Other than that, you are capable of forming high-quality R.P. situations with every other job in the economy if you are creative with it. I've witnessed individuals claim that labouring at a gas station lacks any R.P.... Yet, you're capable of initiating conversations and forming connections while pumping a vehicle with gas.

The average entrance fee for any club is $250-$350 and a meal or beverage costs $100-$400. You're earning $4,000 an hour, minimum, while only spending $350-$750, minimum, at a typical player-owned business. It's perfectly fine.

Again that goes well beyond the $500 you get minus tax. The argument isn’t that there aren’t jobs, you shouldn’t be required to grind if it takes you away from the roleplay. Why do I need to set aside days to finally be able to do what I want? Why can’t I just log on, roleplay for a bit and then log off? I really don’t see why anyone should be happy to log in half their week just going to a store to idle for their entire playtime. I’d have to tell my friends I can’t play with them because I have to man the store. 

2 minutes ago, DLimit said:

I had a character that made half a million on psychic tarot card readings. You're capable of functioning as a dancing instructor, acting instructor, Hip Hop teacher etc... There have been multiple music studios, film studios (Vinewood), yoga venues etc... that were seeking dancers, singers, actors etc... in the past.

I'd recommend creating one of these venues to facilitate roleplay in these areas.

Not everyone fits in that category. Between the meth lab and the pawnshop there really aren’t any great engaging ways to get a little bit of cash aside being a sex worker, man a bar or straight up rob people. Again there are plenty of opportunities but I shouldn’t have to do any of them, I should be able to log in and just roleplay with my friends without having to worry about falling behind with legal income. 

29 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

there are plenty of opportunities but I shouldn’t have to do any of them

Le sigh 

What roleplay do you need to do that 500 an hour for free doesn't cover. 

I want to roleplay a business owner, so i set about making money to do it.

I also didn't grind script iobs, i bought a taxi and a kebab van through the new player stimulus, and provided roleplay for people and thus made money. I leased a government business to make further money to buy a house and more cars and more businesses all through non script jobs (unless you count the taxi job as a script iob but i charge my own prices and not use the fair counter).. i bought a bus and did a mount chilliad tour and it ended in disaster and 3peoples died. 

There is also a guy Mubarak(?) That sold pies on the street corner literally creating roleplay from nothing and you bet a lot of people tipped him and paid him will I think I gave him like 10k.

So no I don't think you or anyone else needs anymore money for free. 

And besides if you want to just visit businesses and roleplay in them the normal entrance fee is like 300, do you intend on visiting more than one business an hour? 

40 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

I have everything I need for my character, it’s just that simply playing the game costs more money than you get playing it if you just roleplay.

Again that goes well beyond the $500 you get minus tax. The argument isn’t that there aren’t jobs, you shouldn’t be required to grind if it takes you away from the roleplay. Why do I need to set aside days to finally be able to do what I want? Why can’t I just log on, roleplay for a bit and then log off? I really don’t see why anyone should be happy to log in half their week just going to a store to idle for their entire playtime. I’d have to tell my friends I can’t play with them because I have to man the store. 

Not everyone fits in that category. Between the meth lab and the pawnshop there really aren’t any great engaging ways to get a little bit of cash aside being a sex worker, man a bar or straight up rob people. Again there are plenty of opportunities but I shouldn’t have to do any of them, I should be able to log in and just roleplay with my friends without having to worry about falling behind with legal income. 

Why do you keep stating "days" when one hour of R.P. allows you to visit three player-owned businesses?