Winter Roleplay

mafioSSi

6 hours ago, Keane said:

"The staff team had a lengthy internal discussion about snow which later escalated into a discussion between the subteam leaders and manager in order to determine whether it should snow or not. 

We came up with a very simple solution. The server will follow LA's weather due to its location. If it snows in LA around Christmas, January, June or any other random time of the year, we will make it snow. If it doesn't, we won't. 

This way we follow a consistent pattern of weather in general which also makes sense in terms of the map's location. Some of you said snow shouldn't happen at all, some of you said snow should be a thing - the actual weather in the region will be the deciding factor instead of either side. If the forecast shifts towards snow or any other 'unique' weather type I promise you we'll make it happen IG."

The above quote is the decision that was made last year when it came to deciding if it was to snow in-game or not. I personally didn't expect snow to happen in the LA area, which is why I said no snow previously on this thread. The weather in the area has proven be wrong. As a result, we're currently discussing if we're implementing snow and to what level. For now we're roleplaying colder than usual weather and rain. Script support was added earlier since it was a five minute job to put the two commands in. 

Right now, it's looking likely that we'll have light snow on the server. If people don't roleplay around it correctly it can be taken away with one command. 

So realism to California's weather is considered before realism to California's time. 

I didn't really read all the replies but I have my own opinion on this, and I think snow should be implemented for atleast a month because it's a very fun type of RP, anyone can approve that, and you don't have to follow 1:1 California weather, after all it's just a game, and I think snow will just make it better, and I don't think it's only me.

• Selena locked this topic