Where does everyone seem to roleplay?

I made an Irish character when I first started here.. I was in Native Kings but had to take a break so haven't been on in about 9 months... I've come back and the faction has dissolved and now I'm left aimlessly wondering the city wondering where to RP..

I wanted to RP a gang member but in all the places I'd try to RP (Davis, Strawberry) etc but my character doesn't fit all of the gangs there lol I think I'm going to have to make a new character unfortunately :( 

42 minutes ago, Avon said:

I made an Irish character when I first started here.. I was in Native Kings but had to take a break so haven't been on in about 9 months... I've come back and the faction has dissolved and now I'm left aimlessly wondering the city wondering where to RP.. 

I wanted to RP a gang member but in all the places I'd try to RP (Davis, Strawberry) etc but my character doesn't fit all of the gangs there lol I think I'm going to have to make a new character unfortunately ?

No...

Okay, so maybe I am not the one to talk seeing as I haven't even made it into the server yet (still downloading the game), but I've been roleplaying in GTA for over 11 years, so perhaps I can share some sort of insight. Out of the many mistakes I've made, some of the biggest have been to throw away characters for the sake of not finding roleplay opportunities. Especially as you have a character with a history, which makes it more important for you. So instead of throwing away your character, try creating some roleplay for your own and it will attract people or at least entertain yourself. If anything it will increase the background story of your character.

Buy some dope from a dealer, get drunk at a club, disturb a gang (while your character) is drunk and spark some hostility. That by itself provides roleplay that you can drag out over several days, weeks. You never know what comes of it.

Personally I find it quite intimidating as well to bring my favorite character into this server, especially as there doesn't seem to be a dominant faction that my character would easily slide into. However that by itself brings so many opportunities, that it gets me very excited at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2019 at 7:53 PM, AdirK1 said:

The map is big, unlike SAMP's map, if you wish to see people around every corner the server needs to show up with at least 600 players. I hope it will happen sometime but unfortunately, it isn't now.

I don't see the server hitting 600, let alone a concurrent 300 players anytime soon. With the way it's currently managed, along with the lack of innovative characteristics to separate itself from other servers, and with the lack of of interest in text based role play servers by people in general. I wouldn't be upset if proven otherwise, but nothing really separates this server from others in the past other than running on a much more intensive engine and who's to say how long it will last once the next GTA releases and what would make anyone want to stay on GTA 5 instead of resorting to a slightly more intensive game such as GTA 6 once the multiplayer client is developed for the latest version.

It's different comparing GTA SA to 5, but not so much comparing 5 to 6, as people who are capable of running GTA 5 will likely be able to run 6. The server needs to pick it up in my opinion and the community needs to change and that's something that can be enforced by management. There's admins that are over the top strict and handle situations as if they're too stressed while putting on this hostile demeanor with their presence in game and making players feel obligated to answer their questions, hard to explain but that's just the kind of vibe i get from most of them.

Then you have the players who have the play to win mindset and will immediately resort to reporting and finding every way to get the player punished. It's a role play server, but yet it's treated as if it's a FPS in Ranked mode, or a MOBA. The community would benefit from more transparency and you know transparency is an issue when you have people asking if 'X' is against the rules and everyone is left assuming and guessing until there's an official answer instead of these things being thought of and placed in a official topic where best suited.

Then you have the crashes and that's understandable and it doesn't bother me but i can see how it keeps the player base down and it's been an ongoing issue for months, presumably longer. The servers script and the way everything is established feels of something from 2009. It's as if we took everything from a server and just used it as a base and although we're on a later engine, we're still ironically behind. I understand that with C# the possibilities are nearly endless, but it seems like the developers aren't the most proficient and are learning as they go, which is completely fine but it's something that continues holding back the potential of the server by a huge margin.

So i know if anyone did bother to read this and decides to respond, it may be the 'give it time', but time is of the essence and it's time to start shaping and establishing this server in a way that allows it to stand out from the dozens of others because right now it just feels like we're on an outdated LS RP script with outdated LS RP rules, with the exception of apparently holding much higher standards in comparison to aforementioned.

• Upvote 2

Honestly, this question is so easy to answer. You want roleplay? Try South Central. There's dozens of roleplayers who hang around Chamberlain, Forum, Davis, and Rancho. Most of my rp is me just walking around the ghetto, and talking to folks. It's given me some great RP tbh. 

On 7/30/2019 at 1:53 AM, Benny Black said:

Honestly, this question is so easy to answer. You want roleplay? Try South Central. There's dozens of roleplayers who hang around Chamberlain, Forum, Davis, and Rancho. Most of my rp is me just walking around the ghetto, and talking to folks. It's given me some great RP tbh. 

First off i mean no bad by this just an opinion of mine.

So the only people that have the actual reasoning be in a ghetto is because it fits their RP, which is mostly gangsters and if somebody roleplays a homeless person (which lets be honest is a very rare occurence) you're not really going to see anyone that's not a gangster in the ghetto. And gangster RP really isn't for everyone. And all of the places you stated are ghetto like areas. Once again man no hard feelings but you can't really deny some of the shit i said.

Right so regarding RP that isn't indoors. People need to host shit that isn't just clubbing and poker night i've been here a couple of days and it's already bored me. People need to make up hotspots of their own, like for instance the beach, most likely the Del Perro Beach, people should start exploring that area, and for instance you should park up at the parking lot, maybe get some friends and host a party there. When one person starts doing it everyone else will eventually (most likely) start doing it aswell. You'll then build up people that will just hang out at the beach. The beach won't really consists of gangsters (it probs will but it wouldn't be only gangsters) you'd get rich people you'd get locals and shit. 

People need to start doing shit outdoors if they want it to be outdoors (This isn't pointed at the author of discussion but rather as a whole to the community). The only reason people don't go outdoors is because there is no RP outdoors, but someone needs to start it if they want it to be outdoors. (Pretty sure someone said something along the lines of this)

I'll get people saying "oh why don't you start it then you smartass?" and i'm aware that yea i should maybe stat it, but there is people that will probably start it much, much better than me.

I've been on the server only a couple of days, and i've not explored the forums overly so i guess you could say i'm still a newbie. Anyways that's just my idea of how people can get the RP to start going outdoors.

Like i said no hard feelings to anyone.

On 7/31/2019 at 8:27 PM, JeffMan3 said:

People need to start doing shit outdoors if they want it to be outdoors (This isn't pointed at the author of discussion but rather as a whole to the community). The only reason people don't go outdoors is because there is no RP outdoors, but someone needs to start it if they want it to be outdoors. (Pretty sure someone said something along the lines of this)

There have been beach parties and BMX events and all kinds of events lately as I remember and indeed they attracted people, but once the event finished everyone stormed off to whatever house or place they had. Maybe we need more consistency. As the guy above said South Central has this kind of community where everyone hangs out in the street generally and you can usually find them outside, as I noticed many times when passing by there. Maybe we can do the same thing with the entire city sometime in the future. But as they started with someone actually going outside and rping in the street either in the form of a faction or just rping outside, we need to do the same, because it's just boring on the server most of the time.

I mostly rp with old friends from factions I've been into or have interacted with. Other than that it's just bars and strip clubs which are boring, driving around aimlessly just because driving in gta is fun for me, and ocasionally running into someone to rp with. 

Edited by Antonio_Stradivari
  • Upvote 1

gta v is incredibly nice in terms of graphic fidelity, lighting, general environmental atmosphere, but with the sheer scale and variety of the map vs realistically attainable player population, you're just bound to run into a new set of issues.

players/groups have a hard time retaining activity in one specific area, because of a lack of coincidental "traffic". imo a fair number of players are always out and about actively searching for roleplay opportunities, paradoxically leading to the opposite result. 

Edited by Five-oh