Realistic Vehicles - Pricing Points

17 minutes ago, Marcus. said:

Another issue with the valuation of cars, specifically in GTA, is the lack of distinct features one offers over another, aside from obvious characteristics such as top speed, acceleration and handling. For example, the lack of differentiation in sound systems, whether it has an AC and such. All these elements are something I consider before purchasing a car in real life. Does it feature automated AC or has a sunroof, etc. There are millions of features cars from reputed manufacturers offer, that are simply not as relevant in GTA as they are in real life.

As Conway said too, the general player may never had their own car or went out and bought one for themselves. When I bought a second hand vehicle IG, I think the person I bought it from was rather surprised when asked, whether the brakes where from reputable brand such as Brembo and whether they were carbon or not. Same with the engine, I specifically talked about whether the car was chipped or whether the engine software was modified to achieve the potential it has.

My character specifically opted for a Schafter (not the V12) because it was affordable and fit within the constraints given, and because I drew the comparison to real life. It features characteristics found on newer C-class models as well as the all new A-class of Mercedes which are affordable cars in their respective variants.

In order to valuate cars properly on GTA:W you have to consider the average wealth the player base has, compare it to what a vehicle of similar kind costs in real life, and adjust the inflation accordingly. As well as seed out vehicles that are relatively affordable when looking at the real world counterparts, but have much better performance stats in the game. Though overall, yes some of the newer vehicles should have their prices lowered for the sake of availability and some of the older vehicles such as the classic versions of the Sentinel, based on older BMW M3 models should have theirs increased respectively since they are rare to come by, or if you are lucky enough with a hefty price tag for pristine conditions.

This is where more imagination can be encouraged among players with vehicles. If you were to buy a Schafter that was upgraded you could say it's the V6/turbocharged V8 model with a nice trim level and optional extras, whereas a 'stock/dealership' version is a 2.5L inline-4. This IMO gives the RP more flavor while also justifying the game modification features and price. 

I agree with your other points. 

8 hours ago, Pollster said:

I see people get kicked by admins for poor quality RP. I feel there should be individuals that are strictly in charge of ensuring proper RP in that aspect. Admins can spectate, so I feel it would be a possible task given the right staffing. Send a message that if you're going to RP a specific niche of a character you will be expected to properly RP it, backstory included. Imagine getting stopped by an Admin in-game, "You're driving a rich car, playing a rich character. How did you happen to do that? What's your job? What's your story?" Think of it as a surprise audit lol. 

That's what Player Management is intended for and they do a solid job but they are swamped by bigger issues in the server. 

SOme cars are way cheap than they should be.

Comet SR is about 180 brand new, while its being the top 3 fastest cars in teh whole game?

Flash GT is much slower and sells for the same

Jester Classic isnt any faster either and it sells for the same price

Sultan is way too cheap at about 60k-ish, considering that car is ab east to escape police and stuff

Some car prices should be bumped up by, a lot.

Additionaly-..

Burrito costs 16k, whereas Deludamol, and other variants of those trucks cost 100k?!

Where's the sense in that? Some pure rp variants of trucks cost an ultra amount of money (again ,a sultan costs 60k and its oneo f hte top sports cars)

Edited by zaXer.
27 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

Comet SR is about 180 brand new, while its being the top 3 fastest cars in teh whole game?

Sultan is way too cheap at about 60k-ish, considering that car is ab east to escape police and stuff

Additionaly-..

Burrito costs 16k, whereas Deludamol, and other variants of those trucks cost 100k?!

Where's the sense in that? Some pure rp variants of trucks cost an ultra amount of money (again ,a sultan costs 60k and its oneo f hte top sports cars)

The Flash GT should be removed. It's a spit version of the Fiesta RS WRC which you won't be registering for road use considering it's a full on dedicated rallycar and nothing more. The Sultan shouldn't be priced as to "being able to escape police." Any car can escape the police if you know how to drive properly. If we're gonna be bumping up prices cause of the fact people evade in them a lot, then that's just a dumb move.

Just now, JustAnM43 said:

The Flash GT should be removed. It's a spit version of the Fiesta RS WRC which you won't be registering for road use considering it's a full on dedicated rallycar and nothing more. The Sultan shouldn't be priced as to "being able to escape police." Any car can escape the police if you know how to drive properly. If we're gonna be bumping up prices cause of the fact people evade in them a lot, then that's just a dumb move.

Definitely cannot compare a Sultan with a Primo, for example. The sultan is way too cheap either way, for the performance it provides.

Just now, zaXer. said:

Definitely cannot compare a Sultan with a Primo, for example. The sultan is way too cheap either way, for the performance it provides.

Yes you can. You can evade in a Primo as easy as you can in a Sultan. It's been done. The Sultan's major flaw are jack shit for brakes which gives PD a massive advantage. Most people on here don't use brakes as much. You crash your fancy ass Sultan cause your brakes are shit? You're gonna be RP-ing it. This also gives PD advantage in pursuits handling wise. If you're going over sidewalks in a Sultan, that should be an admin punishment in itself which renders the Sultan as a very mediocre car if you're not hitting sidewalks or anything else. 

Yes you can. You can evade in a Primo as easy as you can in a Sultan. It's been done. The Sultan's major flaw are jack shit for brakes which gives PD a massive advantage. Most people on here don't use brakes as much. You crash your fancy ass Sultan cause your brakes are shit? You're gonna be RP-ing it. This also gives PD advantage in pursuits handling wise. If you're going over sidewalks in a Sultan, that should be an admin punishment in itself which renders the Sultan as a very mediocre car if you're not hitting sidewalks or anything else. 

We all know that is not how it works actually sadly.

A pony (stupid ass van) is 110 grand, almost as much as a Kuruma, and wayy over the Sultan.

Bowboy, Bugstars and COnstruction burrito are all in the 100k-price range, whereas a normal Burrito is 17k, again way over the Sultan price.

Just now, zaXer. said:

We all know that is not how it works actually sadly.

A pony (stupid ass van) is 110 grand, almost as much as a Kuruma, and wayy over the Sultan.

Bowboy, Bugstars and COnstruction burrito are all in the 100k-price range, whereas a normal Burrito is 17k, again way over the Sultan price.

I'm pretty sure the vans were bumped up cause of people abusing mining to get rich. With mining being removed or whatever they're doing with it, I don't see a reason to keep the vans at such a high price point. It's definitely over the top.

I'm pretty sure the vans were bumped up cause of people abusing mining to get rich. With mining being removed or whatever they're doing with it, I don't see a reason to keep the vans at such a high price point. It's definitely over the top.

It makes sense, HOWEVER, the normal Burrito still costs 17k, and that has the same storage space as the other variants. There's no logic.

3 hours ago, Ribsey said:

That's what Player Management is intended for and they do a solid job but they are swamped by bigger issues in the server. 

Then they need a larger Player Management staff where they have enough to dedicate themselves to this. Guess I need staff applications to open back up ?

1 hour ago, zaXer. said:

Additionaly-..

Plus, Jester Classic is limited at 120mph by Rockstar, and can be defeated by a Futo or any other car which takes speed with "bumps".

The Z190 has the same problem as the Dominator GTX, it's nice, but it's slow and drives horrible, and it costs like the Jester Classic or better cars.