Removing player's name from their head

Bistek

On 5/21/2019 at 5:33 AM, Sabess said:

My biggest problem with the name-above-head thing is the fact that people can see you through walls.

Removing it entirely does cause issues, but at the same time I'm really sick of people 'seeing' me because they drove past the wall I'm behind at 100 km/h.

Yeah, would be interesting to know from devs if this can be fixed. :S 

Although it is very annoying to have people see you through walls via the 'name above your head', there are rules in place to use against people who abuse this. Ontop of that as mentioned a few times in this topic already. Removing the names would cause a lot of problems that also need to be fixed.

It could work but you'd simply have to fix those other issues one by one as well. And I don't think it's worth it, because as @Westen mentioned, I never had issues of people metagaming my name either. And if they had, I would've simply told them that's not possible. If they disagree, I'd report them. 

• Upvote 1

I don't like the idea because we will have a major problem. Let's say you log in and your id is 5. You deathmatch someone, you log out. He complains on forum Player name: ID 5.  With over 350 people logging in daily, ID's change every minute.