Ways To Make Character Deaths More Impactful

7 minutes ago, mhrhan said:

1) Ready or Not is a PVE game with many real life mechanics such as ricochet and penetration. It's not something you can use as reference in GTAV.

2) Nerfing guns won't fix anything because the problem is in the mentality people have, rather than the guns. 

This part went a bit out of topic. Let's just say we're discussing more about the gunplay here after @Barbary mentioned the headshot rule and forgot to stick it at the topic.

And yes, I agree. It's the mentality (I assume by OOC) the players have make all those PK's all over the game.
Aside from this, what do you think can change this situation in OOC manners (The rules, game mechanics, and such)?

Characters generally need to have loss and struggles for development to be organic and genuine. If you're semi serious about playing the game, what's fun is character development. Loss can be much more meaningful besides a PK. That said, nobody is inclined to pursue more in depth avenues to conflicts because PKs are an easy fit-for-all option: kill, victim respawns, perpetrator wins, retaliation is 99.99% unlikely & you got a cool DM clip out of it.

There's a decade long culture surrounding shootings and easy violent crime. The problem are the players (and the target population you speak to never ever cares about anything, especially these threads, so this discussion will achieve nothing) that don't understand violence for what it is. People easily get killed over words or wrong time, wrong place. Laws, morals, etc. usually don't stop nobody unhinged enough to kill. Someone's really bad day could be someone else's last day on Earth and that is why death happens daily. Players on GTAW find this hard to accept because it's not fun to get killed over and over again, and that's understandable to a degree. Sometimes killing is necessary and walking around it isn't an option.

There's no solution other than avoiding players you don't fuck with and surrounding yourself with likeminded roleplayers who put depth and character above ALT F10 DM clips. On top of that, you often need to suspend your disbelief about what you see -- stop taking every dead body or situation you encounter periferrically as something you have to care about. While it might not make sense to you why a killing occurred, the perpetrators and victims often have their own reasons, and those reasons don't involve you and your feelings about the silliness of death bodies scattered on the map. Who cares? Deal with it and move on.

tldr Live and let live. Every single one of us have a small slice to portray what we want within the bounds of that something to be palpable between realism and gameplay constraits. There's usually purists on either side of the marble (as realistic as possible never works, and neither does the "it's a game" argument either, you need balance). That's all there is to it.

Edited by liq
  • Upvote 4
1 hour ago, Barbary said:

We need more paintball/airsoft businesses on the map so people can channel their DM desires.

Don't think that'd help, otherwise, ppl would just play DM servers it's the thrill of killing your opp, the desire to take a life even if you're not actually doing it.

Edited by el capo
  • Upvote 1
8 hours ago, liq said:

There's no solution other than avoiding players you don't fuck with and surrounding yourself with likeminded roleplayers who put depth and character above ALT F10 DM clips. On top of that, you often need to suspend your disbelief about what you see -- stop taking every dead body or situation you encounter periferrically as something you have to care about. While it might not make sense to you why a killing occurred, the perpetrators and victims often have their own reasons, and those reasons don't involve you and your feelings about the silliness of death bodies scattered on the map. Who cares? Deal with it and move on.

I think we need to make DMEC HQ bigger and give them a fridge to store bodies the size of Sandy Shores.

Serious though, bodies are everywhere, sometimes you won’t see one for a good while to just find them non stop, and as a LEO rper, I sure won’t be on body duty every single night, it adds nothing to my roleplay and somewhat forces me to showcase any emotion towards something my character has seen thousands of times.

• Applaud 2
On 5/21/2023 at 6:21 PM, varthshenon said:

I think that's not how reality works XD

Sir this is a Wendy's.

All jokes aside.

This is a video game. Nothing is ever going to be 1:1... so let's stop tryna push for it... a body is a body.. after the first 50, it doesn't add anything to your game time.