Economy debate

Smilesville

That blowing through the budget means absolutely nothing, to be precise.

I'm aware that the FD did just that since individuals weren't being paid, and the very next day it seemed that all was well again without missing a beat. I sincerely hope that the budget talks include penalties for going beyond them, as well as a combination of pay reductions and a stricter scrutiny on activity so we can achieve the end goal of only paying employees while they work.

8 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

That blowing through the budget means absolutely nothing, to be precise.

I'm aware that the FD did just that since individuals weren't being paid, and the very next day it seemed that all was well again without missing a beat. I sincerely hope that the budget talks include penalties for going beyond them, as well as a combination of pay reductions and a stricter scrutiny on activity so we can achieve the end goal of only paying employees while they work.

The main issue was that the budgets are calculated from activity as well as amount of people and many more factors, which are all considered during budget meetings with GOV. When the budget was running low, I had to set up an emergency meeting with the Mayor to receive next month's budget a day early, which now accounts for this month's worth of activity.

10 minutes ago, Lionhearted said:

The main issue was that the budgets are calculated from activity as well as amount of people and many more factors, which are all considered during budget meetings with GOV. When the budget was running low, I had to set up an emergency meeting with the Mayor to receive next month's budget a day early, which now accounts for this month's worth of activity.

Placing money in the budget based on someone's activity is essentially just trying to forecast how much money they'll need. If you can receive budgets early, I'd contend that it doesn't even matter that a budget exists to begin with.

Paying employees manually would dramatically increase the ability to control when and how the budget is spent, rather than... simply having it run out because a few people like to farm their legal org paychecks. So for instance, rather than $2,000 per hour, you'd get $10,000 per week so long as you were on duty for five hours during that week. If you have fifteen players in the department and need two per day round the clock, you could easily schedule and estimate that your budget would come to $672,000 per week.

Now if only that activity counter worked and told you when someone was on duty.

One thing we really need to fix is how much drinks/food is going to be sold for.

One type of bar sells them for around 5-10$ for a beer.

Whiles a different type of bar will sell them for 90-120$, like we really need to agree on how much a single bottle of beer is going to cost here, universally.

Edit: This sort of applies to vehicles too I mean all those rusty old dlc cars being sold for like 100,000+ is mental, base the prices of what a real life counterpart would be and not the GTAO pricing. And if you are worried that those older cars would then be upgraded to become lightning quick for cheap as they are no longer 90,000+ in price just make it so upgrading cars is more expensive (though I am not actually sure on the prices of these already).

Edited by KFN

read through these posts and so far I did not see anyone noting that new players receive $5000 an hour for the first 40 hours, this is the sole reason for inflation and prices being so high as of now and then the earnings lowered yet car prices higher than ever.

It is simply an incentive to keep new players on the server and I've noticed this recently too that people around me, especially new people stating something along the lines 'omg I'm getting 5k! a paycheck for doing nothing' and then there is me sitting at an ammu-nation or a gas station earning my $800 an hour, not including the taxes.

My conclusion is that the only way to solve this issue is to cut the new player earning, then have an official sort of community vote if we want to lower the economical value of certain vehicles, residences, businesses which would then have to be divided in social classes such as;

• Poor
  • Working Class
  • Lower Middle Class
  • Upper MIddle Class
  • and of course the Elite, which pretty much only a handful of people as of yet would be able to be labelled as

Edit: and in regards of the vision @Nervous has, he wants to make every job role playable that adds on to the economy and circulates it, thus allowing the economy get rid of the generic money sinkhole. One of the problems regarding this of course is having a clear spreadsheet of all the items and logistic costs and values of how much a business could earn, what prices they should set on average for every item, where the items are produced and the distance/time it takes to manufacture/construct.

Note: I studied Business/Economics.

Edited by Verazon
  • Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Verazon said:

read through these posts and so far I did not see anyone noting that new players receive $5000 an hour for the first 40 hours, this is the sole reason for inflation and prices being so high as of now and then the earnings lowered yet car prices higher than ever.

It is simply an incentive to keep new players on the server and I've noticed this recently too that people around me, especially new people stating something along the lines 'omg I'm getting 5k! a paycheck for doing nothing' and then there is me sitting at an ammu-nation or a gas station earning my $800 an hour, not including the taxes.

My conclusion is that the only way to solve this issue is to cut the new player earning, then have an official sort of community vote if we want to lower the economical value of certain vehicles, residences, businesses which would then have to be divided in social classes such as;

• Poor
  • Working Class
  • Lower Middle Class
  • Upper MIddle Class
  • and of course the Elite, which pretty much only a handful of people as of yet would be able to be labelled as

Edit: and in regards of the vision @Nervous has, he wants to make every job role playable that adds on to the economy and circulates it, thus allowing the economy get rid of the generic money sinkhole. One of the problems regarding this of course is having a clear spreadsheet of all the items and logistic costs and values of how much a business could earn, what prices they should set on average for every item, where the items are produced and the distance/time it takes to manufacture/construct.

Note: I studied Business/Economics.

+1 on this.

Also most people fail to understand that to make the economy actually work we need depletable scripted resources from every field the players are interacting so there would be a demand.

• Food to live. That means the players should actually get hungry and lose some of the health to force them to spend money on food. 
  • Car parts to fix cars. That means the cars have to break down to force the player to spend money.
  • Construction supplies to construct and even renovate buildings. 

All 3 needs to be connected to the chain of supply from raw resources to manufacturing to commercial outlets until it reaches into the state of being consumed. Thus creating more demand for it.

6 hours ago, Tr1bal said:

+1 on this.

Also most people fail to understand that to make the economy actually work we need depletable scripted resources from every field the players are interacting so there would be a demand.

• Food to live. That means the players should actually get hungry and lose some of the health to force them to spend money on food. 
  • Car parts to fix cars. That means the cars have to break down to force the player to spend money.
  • Construction supplies to construct and even renovate buildings. 

All 3 needs to be connected to the chain of supply from raw resources to manufacturing to commercial outlets until it reaches into the state of being consumed. Thus creating more demand for it.

Still no on scripted food. We're trying to move away from RPG jobs and you're hell bent on adding RPG elements such as scripted food. No thanks. LSRP has/had that and it was the most annoying thing ever, people having to dip from roleplay scenes because all a sudden the hunger script kicked in for the 17th time that day, it's ridiculous and unnecessary. What happens when people deem trucking isn't paying enough and they want to move on to something else, whole city of Los Santos starts to starve? No thanks.

As for car parts to fix cars, that's already a thing, except people don't bother reparing vehicles because 0.4 hasn't arrived to sync vehicle damage yet.

Construction supplies is also a thing I believe, but I have no idea how that works, haven't touched construction at all.

• Upvote 1
  • Nervous changed the title to Economy debate
  • Nervous locked this topic